Cadillac Korea sales decreased 44 percent to 114 units in November 2019. Note that South Korea sales figures become available roughly 30 days after the close of a particular month, explaining the time gap in reporting.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 72.17 percent to 32 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 31.25 percent to 22 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 54.55 percent to 17 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 53.57 percent to 43 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- The Cadillac XTS and Escalade ESV are not offered in South Korea
In the first eleven months of 2019, Cadillac Korea sales decreased 18 percent to 1,542 units.
Sales Results - November 2019 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||NOV 2019 / NOV 2018||NOVEMBER 2019||NOVEMBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
November represented the fourth consecutive month wherein Cadillac Korea sales saw a decline of over 30 percent. In fact, the significant fall during the month represents the second-worst performance that the luxury brand has registered during the first 11 months of the year in the country, only surpassed by the dramatic decrease of 65 percent in October. Due to the poor performance of the last several months, the year-to-date sales figure for the first 11 months of 2019 represents the highest double-digit decline to year-to-date.
The biggest reason for the the negative performance of Cadillac Korea sales in November is the Cadillac CT6. After becoming the best-selling Caddy in South Korea during 2018, sales of the large sedan are in free-fall as a direct consequence of GM discontinuing the model with the turbo-charged 2.0L LGT engine – the configuration that enjoyed the highest demand in the Korean market. By contrast, both the XT5 and Escalade saw sales increase over 50 percent.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Korea sales in November 2018, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Cadillac sales results
- GM Q4 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q4 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales October 2019
- GM Mexico sales November 2019 sales
- Chevrolet Mexico November 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico November 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico November 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico November 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales December 2019
- Chevrolet Mexico December 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico December 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico December 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico December 2019 sales
- GM China sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet China Q4 2019 sales
- Buick China Q4 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q4 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q4 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q4 2019
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.