A wide selection of the all-new 2020 Silverado HD pickup is now available on dealer lots, which means Chevrolet is offering a hefty discount for the outgoing-generation Silverado HD. In fact, the largest Chevrolet discount offered in December 2019 reduces the price of select 2019 models by $12,260, which is substantially more generous than the offers made available earlier this year. For example, the discount offered in May was a mere $3,500. This month’s offer is even larger than the nearly-$12,000 offer in October and $11,000 offer in November.
Nationwide Chevrolet discount offers on the Silverado HD for December 2019 are as follows:
2019 Silverado 2500HD:
- Finance Offer: 0 percent APR (interest-free) for 72 months when financing with GM Financial
- Discount Offer: $7,260 employee discount + $2,500 customer cash + $1,000 down payment assistance + $750 purchase bonus cash + $750 option package discount = $12,260 total discount when financing with GM Financial
- This offer is only applicable to the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ models.
2019 Silverado 3500HD:
- Finance Offer: 0 percent APR (interest-free) for 72 month when financing with GM Financial
- This offer is only applicable to the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Crew Cab models.
- Discount Offer: $7,195 employee discount + $2,500 customer cash + $1,000 down payment assistance + $750 purchase bonus cash + $750 option package discount = $12,195 total discount when financing with GM Financial
- This offer is only applicable to the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab LTZ models.
All of the above Chevrolet discount offers expire on January 2nd, 2020.
For reference, here are the applicable 2019 Silverado HD trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
2019 Silverado HD:
- WT – $39,095
- LT – $43,995
- LTZ – $50,995
- High Country – $57,395
- WT – $41,795
- LT – $46,895
- LTZ – $51,995
- High Country – $57,495
The $12,260 Chevrolet discount lowers the starting price of the 2019 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ from $70,868 to $58,608, while the $12,195 Chevrolet discount lowers the starting price of the 2019 Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab LTZ pickup from $70,840 to $58,645.
These Chevrolet discount offers come on the heels of the Bow Tie brand’s launch of the all-new 2020 Silverado HD, which features new technologies and higher capabilities. As such, it’s likely that these discounts are at attempt to sell out of current Silverado HD inventory as the all-new models begin making their way to dealers. Since these incentives are less lucrative than Chevrolet discount on the Silverado HD offers in previous months, it is possible that current-gen inventory is dwindling. In fact, inventory stocking of the Silverado HD is behind schedule in general due to the UAW strike.
- Must take delivery by January 2nd, 2020.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About ChevroletÂ Silverado
The Chevrolet Silverado is a lineup of full-size pickup trucks soldÂ primarily in North America, but also in the Middle East and inÂ certain markets in South America. Slotting above the mid-sizeÂ Chevrolet ColoradoÂ (known as the S10 in some markets),Â the Silverado is Chevrolet's largest pickup truck and currently consists of the 1500 light duty model, twoÂ Heavy Duty modelsÂ - the 2500HD and 3500HD, as well asÂ Conventional Class 4, Class 5 and Class 6 Medium DutyÂ models - theÂ Silverado 4500HDÂ andÂ Silverado 5500HDÂ and Silverado 6500HD.
TheÂ 2018Â Chevy SilveradoÂ represents theÂ fifthÂ model year of the third-generation Silverado. It is based on theÂ GM K2 platformÂ shared with other full-size pickup trucks and SUVs from GM. Though theÂ lineÂ sold relativelyÂ well,Â itÂ became less competitive in the marketplace with time when compared to its primaryÂ FordÂ F-Series rival, due to lacking cutting-edge features such asÂ turbocharged engines, a rugged off-road variant such as theÂ Ford F-150 Raptor, a diesel engine option in the light duty (1500) model,Â and also variousÂ modern features and equipment.
Luckily,Â an all-new SilveradoÂ arrived for the 2019 model year that addressesÂ manyÂ of theÂ issuesÂ ofÂ its predecessor model. Customers began taking delivery of the all-new truck in the second half of August 2018.
Chevrolet says that the all-new 2019 Silverado isÂ the result ofÂ over 7,000 customer interviewsÂ - the most intensive research in itsÂ history. The new modelÂ usesÂ higher grade alloy steel in the bed floorÂ as well as variousÂ mixed materialsÂ that resultÂ in aÂ reduction in weight and improved performance, with weight falling about 450 pounds. The truck alsoÂ offers an expanded amount of modelsÂ for a total of eight, includingÂ the newÂ 2019 Silverado Trailboss.
RidingÂ onÂ GM's newÂ T1 platformÂ shared with other future GM full-size trucks and SUVs, the 2019Â Silverado offers more technology, convenience features, andÂ engine/transmission combinations. While details ofÂ five powertrain combos have already been revealed,Â GM has not yet shared details of theÂ newÂ inline-sixÂ 3.0L Duramax Diesel engine, only stating that it will be "best-performing" and that it will be mated toÂ GM's new 10-speedÂ transmission.
Having overhauled the Silverado 1500, Chevy will next overhaul the Silverado Heavy Duty. The brandÂ released a teaser imageÂ of theÂ upcoming all-new 2020 Silverado HD in April 2018 and announced the vehicle in November 2018. The truck will launch in the 2019 calendar year as a 2020 model.
The 2020 Silverado HD willÂ be comprisedÂ of the Silverado 2500HD and Silverado 3500HD that ride on a moreÂ robust and capableÂ version of the new T1 platform when compared to the 2019 Silverado 1500, whileÂ sharing many high-techÂ features and design elementsÂ withÂ its light duty brother.
Completing the overhauled SilveradoÂ family is the 2019 Silverado Medium Duty series, comprised of the Silverado 4500HD, 5500HD, and 6500HD.
The ChevroletÂ Silverado is builtÂ atÂ the followingÂ GM plants:
- GM Flint AssemblyÂ in Flint, Michigan, USA
- GM Fort Wayne AssemblyÂ in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
- GM Oshawa AssemblyÂ Â inÂ Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- GM SilaoÂ in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico
- Navistar Springfield Assembly in Springfield, Ohio, USA (Silverado Medium Duty only)
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forum
- Chevrolet SilveradoÂ information
- 2016 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2017 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Changes
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Lineup
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Order Guide
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2020 Chevrolet Silverado
- Next Chevrolet Silverado
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results