Chevrolet Brazil sales decreased 9 percent to 41,357 units in November 2019. The figures enable GM to continue as Brazil’s best-selling automaker and Chevrolet to continue as the country’s best-selling automobile brand.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales totaled 4 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales decreased 40 percent to 12 units
- Chevrolet Cobalt sales decreased 56.39 percent to 898 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 14.92 percent to 1,990 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 29.88 percent to 359 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales decreased 7.19 percent to 1,085 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales increased 22.44 percent to 27,276 units
- First-Gen Onix totaled 19,184 units
- All-new Onix Plus Sedan totaled 8,092 units
- Chevrolet Prisma sales decreased 63.89 percent to 2,744 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales decreased 4.62 percent to 2,622 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales decreased 29 percent to 2,967 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 43.88 percent to 1,150 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 20.26 percent to 244 units
During the first eleven months of the 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 10 percent to 430,393 units.
Sales Results - November 2019 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||NOV 2019 / NOV 2018||NOVEMBER 2019||NOVEMBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Chevrolet Brazil sales declined again in November, becoming the second consecutive month of contracting sales volume following the first decline in October 2019. The negative performance was caused by the fact that ten of the twelve models offered by Chevrolet in Brazil saw sales fall during the month, with most suffering significant double-digit contractions. However, year-to-date sales remain in the green thanks to solid increases recorded in the first nine months of the year.
The models most impacted by the decline were the Prisma (-63.89 percent), Cobalt (-56.39 percent), Tracker (-43.88 percent) and Spin (-29 percent). The drastic decline in Chevrolet Prisma sales is likely a result that the subcompact was replaced by the new Chevrolet Onix Plus, which has also eclipsed the Chevrolet Cobalt in sales as a result of being more modern and economical.
The Onix was the only Chevrolet model to post an increase in sales in November thanks to the addition of the all-new Onix Plus (sedan). The 27,276 deliveries in November represent the second-highest monthly sales figure that the nameplate has recorded in Brazil, just behind the record 28,338 units recorded in October. On the other hand, the brand delivered 4 units of the Bolt EV, which officially went on sale in the country.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for November 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q4 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q4 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales October 2019
- GM Mexico sales November 2019 sales
- Chevrolet Mexico November 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico November 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico November 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico November 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales December 2019
- Chevrolet Mexico December 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico December 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico December 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico December 2019 sales
- GM China sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet China Q4 3019 sales
- Buick China Q4 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q4 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q4 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q4 2019
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.