Cadillac Korea sales decreased 65 percent to 91 units in October 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 96.77 percent to 1 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 76.52 percent to 31 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 52.78 percent to 17 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 38.46 percent to 8 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 27.66 percent to 34 units
- The Cadillac XTS and Escalade ESV are not offered in South Korea
In the first ten months of 2019, Cadillac Korea sales decreased 15 percent to 1,428 units.
Sales Results - October 2019 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||OCT 2019 / OCT 2018||OCTOBER 2019||OCTOBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
The drastic sales decrease that Cadillac Korea has registered in October not only accentuates the negative trend suffered by the brand in the country, but also represents its worst result so far in 2019. In fact, last month’s decline was so strong that Cadillac sold less than 100 units for the first time in the last two years. After three months of recording contractions above 30 percent, the year-to-date sales in the first 10 months of 2019 also showed a considerable double-digit drop.
This negative result is due to the fact that all Cadillac models sold in South Korea suffered double-digit sales drops in October, with sedans being the most affected. Once again, the Cadillac CT6 suffered the most, greatly affecting Cadillac Korea sales last month. The prestigious sedan sold four times less units than in October 2018, when it was the brand’s best-selling model in that country. Although we don’t know the exact reason, we believe that this is a consequence of reduced inventory of redesigned CT6 models in South Korea.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Korea sales in October 2018, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Cadillac sales results
- GM Q4 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q4 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales October 2019
- GM Mexico sales November 2019 sales
- Chevrolet Mexico November 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico November 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico November 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico November 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales December 2019
- Chevrolet Mexico December 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico December 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico December 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico December 2019 sales
- GM China sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet China Q4 2019 sales
- Buick China Q4 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q4 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q4 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q4 2019
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.