Cadillac China sales increased 11 percent to 51,049 units during the third quarter of 2019.
General Motors does not provide the sales performance of individual models in China, but we do have the following information:
- Sales of the CT6 sedan soared 68 percent to about 6,500 units
- The XT4 compact luxury SUV and XT5 midsize luxury SUV sustained their strong performance, as XT4 sales topped 14,000 units and XT5 sales were over 13,000 units
- The three-row XT6 large luxury SUV was launched in July, joining the XT4 and XT5 to strengthen Cadillac’s presence in the steadily-growing luxury SUV segment, becoming the largest luxury crossover to be manufactured in China. No sales figures were announced for the third quarter.
During the first nine months of the 2019 calendar year, Cadillac China sales increased 8 percent to 162,256 units.
Sales Results - Q3 2019 - China - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q3 2019 / Q3 2018||Q3 2019||Q3 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Cadillac China sales continued its positive trajectory during the third quarter of 2019, registering the second consecutive double-digit sales increase so far this year after the solid 37 percent growth recorded in the second quarter. In fact, Cadillac was the only GM brand that managed to increase sales volume during Q3, escaping the negative trend of the Chinese car market, which has accumulated several quarters of contraction due to a drop in demand for cars.
Cadillac’s sales growth in its biggest market has been supported by the solid commercial performance of the new XT4, which became the brand’s best-selling model in the country, as well as a relatively solid performance of the refreshed CT6. In addition, the brand reinforced its portfolio with the introduction of the all-new Cadillac XT6 and the refreshed 2020 Cadillac XT5, both of which helped the uptick in Q3.
The all-new Cadillac CT5 went on sale in November in China, replacing the successful ATS-L in the most competitive segment of the Chinese market. Despite the negative trend in car sales in China, the new sedan is expected to help Cadillac reach new heights in the fourth quarter.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac China sales in Q3 2018, except when noted
- GM does not publish the individual sales performance of the models in China
- Cadillac China sales figures represent retail sales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet China Q3 3019 sales
- Buick China Q3 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q3 2019 sales (this page)
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019