Buick Mexico sales increased 9 percent to 270 units in October 2019 compared to October 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Buick Enclave sales decreased 21.25 percent to 63 units
- Buick Encore sales increased 55.83 percent to 187 units
- Buick Envision sales decreased 58.33 percent to 20 units
- Buick Regal sales were flat at 0 units
- The model has been discontinued in Mexico
- The Buick LaCrosse is not offered in Mexico
In the first ten months of 2019, Buick Mexico sales decreased 9 percent to 2,209 units.
Sales Results - October 2019 - Mexico - Buick
|MODEL||OCT 2019 / OCT 2018||OCTOBER 2019||OCTOBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
The positive result of Buick Mexico sales in October represents the second consecutive increase registered by the brand in that country, and one of the few brands that saw a sales increase in an automotive market that has accumulated 31 straight months of contraction. In addition, the 270 units sold last month represent Buick’s second-best monthly record registered in the first ten months of 2019 – right behind the 277 vehicles delivered in August.
The Buick Encore had a good month and was responsible for the positive performance of the brand. The subcompact crossover was not only Buick’s sole vehicle that saw its sales increase last month in the Mexican market, but the 187 units sold also represent its best monthly result in the last two years. In contrast, the Enclave and the Envision continued their downward spiral in Mexico after suffering sales drops year after year.
Finally, it’s worth noting that General Motors has confirmed the arrival of the all-new Buick Encore GX in Mexico in the first quarter of 2020. While it’s still unclear what strategy the company will employ to market the Encore GX in the Mexican market, this new model should help improve the performance of Buick Mexico sales.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Buick Mexico sales in October 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Buick sales results
- GM Q4 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q4 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales October 2019
- GM Mexico sales November 2019 sales
- Chevrolet Mexico November 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico November 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico November 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico November 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales December 2019
- Chevrolet Mexico December 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico December 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico December 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico December 2019 sales
- GM China sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet China Q4 2019 sales
- Buick China Q4 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q4 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q4 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q4 2019
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.