Buick discount offers for the Encore subcompact SUV have been on a steady rise, starting with the 20-percent discount in October before growing to 22 percent off in November. And now, to spread more of that holiday cheer around, a new Buick discount drops the price of select 2019 Encore models by a lofty 25 percent.
Shoppers should note that, similar to previous offers, this Buick discount remains exclusive to non-GM owners. In that regard, we believe that this incentive is an effort to maintain sales volume in an ultra-competitive segment.
Nationwide Buick discount offers on the 2019 Encore during the month of December 2019 are as follows:
- Retail offer: 25 percent off MSRP for 2019 Encore Preferred FWD models
- This Buick discount offer will run thru January 2nd, 2020
- Finance offer: 0-percent APR for 72 months
- Excludes base 1SV models
- Buyer must borrow from GM Financial
- Some markets are including a cashback incentive with the finance offer
The offer represents the largest Buick discount offer for the Encore so far in 2019 on a percentage basis, with the second-biggest rebate being 22 percent off in November. That deal was also restricted to those who didn’t own a GM product.
To reiterate, the deal in December is also only applicable to those who currently do not own a GM product (non-GM, 2005 and newer), and are financing the purchase through GM Financial. For reference, here are the 2019 Buick Encore starting MSRPs by trim level, which include the $995 destination freight charge:
- Encore (1SV) – $24,195
- Preferred (1SB) – $25,595
- Sport Touring (1SH) – $26,795
- Essence (1SL) – $30,295
In the example offer provided, the Buick discount reduces the price of a 2019 Encore Preferred FWD (front-wheel-drive) model with an MSRP of $26,910 using the following incentive:
- $1,728 price reduction below MSRP + $5,000 purchase allowance = total rebate of $6,728
- Discounted price: $20,182
- Must take delivery by January 2nd, 2020.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About Buick Encore
The Buick Encore is a subcompact crossover utility vehicle (CUV). It slots below the Envision as Buick's smallest CUV and rides on the GM Gamma 2 platform shared most directly with the Chevrolet Trax; a variant of the architecture is also shared with the Chevrolet Sonic/Aveo. The model was Buick's first offering in the subcompact (B segment) crossover space.
Having launched for the 2013 model year in the U.S., the Trax received a refresh for the 2017 model year that consisted of all-new front and rear fascias, an updated interior, a new infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, and more.
The 2018 Buick Encore represents the fifth model year of the first-generation Encore. The model receives several changes including one new exterior color, a cabin ionizer, capless fuel fill, and several package-level changes. The 2019 Encore got two new exterior colors, the deletion of the Preferred II (1SD) and Premium (1SN) trim levels, and a new Safety Package called Safety Package II. The 2020 model is expected to be the last model year of the current, first-generation Encore before an all-new, second-generation model arrives.
The Buick Encore is produced at the following GM plants:
- GM Bupyeong factory in Bupyeong-Gu, South Korea operated by GM Korea supplying North America
- GM Dongyue South in Yantai, Shandong, China operated by GM China and SAIC supplying China
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Buick Encore
- 2016 Buick Encore
- 2017 Buick Encore
- 2018 Buick Encore
- 2019 Buick Encore
- 2020 Buick Encore
- Future Buick Encore
- Running GM sales results