GMC sales in the United States increased 11 percent to 140,789 units during the third quarter of 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- GMC Acadia sales increased 50.82 percent to 20,338 units
- GMC Canyon sales decreased 11.73 percent to 7,437 units
- GMC Savana sales increased 4.28 percent to 5,021 units
- GMC Sierra sales increased 28.87 percent to 66,198 units
- Sierra 1500 sales increased 38.2 percent to 47,743 units
- Sierra HD (2500HD, 3500HD) sales increased 9.7 percent to 18,455 units
- GMC Terrain sales decreased 15.93 percent to 23,058 units
- GMC Yukon sales decreased 10.33 percent to 18,737 units
- GMC Yukon XL sales are included in this line item
During the first nine months of the 2019 calendar year, U.S. GMC sales increased 6 percent to 418,066 units.
Sales Results - Q3 2019 - USA - GMC
|MODEL||Q3 2019 / Q3 2018||Q3 2019||Q3 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
GMC sales in the United States increased considerably in the third quarter, representing the highest growth rate to date in 2019. It’s also worth noting that GMC recorded the highest growth rate of the four GM brands marketed in the U.S., both during the third quarter as well as during the first nine months of 2019.
The healthy increase in GMC sales is the result of very healthy sales of the GMC Sierra and Acadia. During the third quarter, the full-size pickup line posted a 29-percent sales increase, its first sales growth thus far in 2019. The positive sales performance is the result of greater availability of the Sierra 1500 models, especially those that sell in high volumes, along with higher increases of the all-new 2020 Sierra HD. The 66,198 Sierra deliveries during Q3 2019 not only represent the best quarterly result so far this year, but also one of the best quarters in recent years.
Meanwhile, the Acadia stood out for delivering GMC’s largest sales growth during the third quarter on a percentage basis. Although the midsize SUV sold fewer units than the Terrain in Q3, it did outsell its smaller brother during the first nine months of 2019. The arrival of the 2020 Acadia refresh should make the midsize crossover even more attractive to consumers.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. GMC sales for Q3 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running GMC sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019