Cadillac sales in the United States increased 7 percent to 39,961 units during the third quarter of 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 93.07 percent to 158 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 31.61 percent to 1,625 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 69.47 percent to 1,128 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 7.88 percent to 10,284 units
- Escalade ESV sales are included in this line item
- Cadillac XT4 sales increased 4138.47 percent to 8,986 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 18.41 percent to 12,315 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 4,316 units
- Cadillac XTS sales decreased 71.98 percent to 1,149 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued in North America
During the first nine months of the 2019 calendar year, U.S. Cadillac sales increased 2 percent to 115,695 units.
Sales Results - Q3 2019 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q3 2019 / Q3 2018||Q3 2019||Q3 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Cadillac sales in the United States improved in a very healthy fashion during the third quarter of 2019. The results represent the luxury brand’s second consecutive growth on a quarterly basis, as well as this year’s best quarterly sales performance, with 39,961 deliveries. This impressive performance enables the sales volume accrued during the first nine months of 2019 to be higher than that seen during the same timeframe of the previous year.
The growth in sales volume is largely thanks to the overwhelmingly positive performance of the Cadillac XT4. The compact luxury crossover posted the highest quarterly sales figure since its introduction in September 2018. Also helping Cadillac achieve its 7-percent sales growth during the quarter was the healthy increase in Cadillac Escalade sales along with a solid start to Cadillac XT6 sales, which had its first complete quarter on the market, though with limited availability during the first part of that quarter.
Meanwhile, five Cadillac models saw sales decline during the quarter, all with double-digit sales declines. Among these is the XT5, Cadillac’s best-selling model, which saw sales decline 18.4 percent. Cadillac is in the process of introducing an updated XT5 for the 2020 model year, and the refreshed model should help sales. In addition, the Cadillac XTS also saw a notable sales drop. Production of the sedan ended in October.
Going forward, Cadillac will launch the all-new CT5 and CT4 sedans in close succession, starting with the CT5 in December and CT4 around the January-February timeframe. The all-new, 2021 Escalade will follow later on in the 2020 calendar year.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. Cadillac sales for Q3 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Cadillac sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019