Chevrolet Brazil sales decreased 2 percent to 43,294 units in October 2019. This performance enables GM to continue as Brazil’s best-selling automaker and for Chevrolet to continue as the country’s best-selling automobile brand.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales totaled 0 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales totaled 12 units
- Chevrolet Cobalt sales decreased 29.94 percent to 1,467 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 30.36 percent to 1,530 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 46.72 percent to 260 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales decreased 22.53 percent to 973 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales increased 26.94 percent to 28,338 units
- First-Gen Onix totaled 21,198 units
- All-new Onix Plus Sedan totaled 7,140 units
- Chevrolet Prisma sales decreased 44.8 percent to 4,259 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales decreased 5.76 percent to 2,633 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales decreased 0.86 percent to 2,536 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 48.14 percent to 1,086 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 65.6 percent to 183 units
During the first ten months of the 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 12 percent to 389,040 units.
Sales Results - October 2019 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||OCT 2019 / OCT 2018||OCTOBER 2019||OCTOBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Following many consecutive months of growth, Chevrolet Brazil sales fell slightly in October, registering the first decline in sales volume in 2019. However, it’s worth noting that the 43,294 units in Chevrolet Brazil sales represent the highest sales figure thus far this year. At the same time, the sales volume during the first ten months of 2019 is significantly higher than that seen during the same timeframe in 2018.
The slight decline in October sales volume was the result of the fact that the vast majority of Chevrolet models saw sales fall significantly during the month, including drastic declines for the Prisma and Tracker that usually represent the model’s second and third best-selling models. The decrease in sales of the subcompact sedan is natural, given that the nameplate is being replaced by the new Chevrolet Onix Plus.
For its part, the Chevrolet Onix was the only model that maintained positive sales momentum, significantly increasing its resounding sales success during the month. Thanks to the addition of the all-new Onix Plus (sedan), the Onix nameplate registered the highest monthly figure in the model’s history in Brazil. GM delivered 7,140 copies of the second-generation Onix sedan variant in its second month on sale, and 21,198 units of the first-gen model.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for October 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q4 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q4 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales October 2019
- GM Mexico sales November 2019 sales
- Chevrolet Mexico November 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico November 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico November 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico November 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales December 2019
- Chevrolet Mexico December 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico December 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico December 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico December 2019 sales
- GM China sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet China Q4 2019 sales
- Buick China Q4 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q4 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q4 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q4 2019
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.