Buick sales in the United States increased by 10 percent to 50,615 units during the third quarter of 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Buick Cascada sales decreased 63.67 percent to 400 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued
- Buick Enclave sales increased 3.65 percent to 13,274 units
- Buick Encore sales increased 18.45 percent to 25,008 units
- Buick Envision sales increased 39.38 percent to 8,088 units
- Buick LaCrosse sales decreased 39.34 percent to 1,389 units
- The vehicle was discontinued in February 2019
- Buick Regal sales decreased 12.07 percent to 2,456 units
During the first nine months of the 2019 calendar year, U.S. Buick sales increased 1 percent to 157,855 units.
Sales Results - Q3 2019 - USA - Buick
|MODEL||Q3 2019 / Q3 2018||Q3 2019||Q3 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Buick sales in the United States increased once again during the third quarter of 2019, representing the second positive quarterly performance of the 2019 calendar year after the brand posted a 5 percent sales increase during Q2 2019. This double-digit growth in Buick sales enabled the year-to-date sales figure for the first nine months of the year to be greater than during the same time frame in 2018.
Buick’s solid commercial performance during Q3 2019 was driven by its line of utilities, which saw growth during the quarter as well as during the first nine months of 2019. Each of the brand’s three crossovers reported higher sales in Q3, with double-digit increases for Envision and Encore. In fact, both models registered their best quarters so far in 2019. For its part, the Enclave also increased its sales volume, although via a lower growth rate.
In contrast to the sales success of Buick’s utility range, all the cars still offered by the Tri Shield brand in the American market posted lower sales volumes. This trend was to be expected for the case of Cascada and LaCrosse, which have been discontinued. However, the Regal range saw downward momentum in Q3 during the first two quarters, fueling the theory that Buick is on its way to becoming a crossover-only brand.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. Buick sales for Q3 2018, except if noted
- There were 76 selling days in Q3 2019 and 76 selling days in Q3 2018
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Buick sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019