GMC Mexico sales decreased 38 percent to 347 units in September 2019 compared to September 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- GMC Acadia sales decreased 55.15 percent to 61 units
- GMC Sierra sales decreased 18.47 percent to 128 units
- GMC Terrain sales decreased 43.98 percent to 121 units
- GMC Yukon sales decreased 21.28 percent to 37 units
- The GMC Canyon and Savana are not offered in Mexico
In the first nine months of 2019, GMC Mexico sales decreased 3 percent to 3,804 units.
Sales Results - September 2019 - Mexico - GMC
|MODEL||SEP 2019 / SEP 2018||SEPTEMBER 2019||SEPTEMBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
GMC Mexico sales experienced a considerable drop in September, representing the worst monthly sales performance the brand has experienced so far in 2019 in the Latin country. In addition, the 347 units sold last month represent one of the lowest figures that GMC has recently posted in the Mexican market. The dismal September sales performance also dragged year-to-date sales into the red, though healthy performance during prior months helped it be a less severe decline.
GMC’s particularly negative performance in September is due to the fact that each of the brand’s models saw large, double-digit declines. The most affected were the brand’s two crossovers Acadia and Terrain, whose sales decreased 55 and 44 percent, respectively. Meanwhile, the GMC Sierra was the model that registered the smallest decline and remained the best-selling GMC model in Mexico.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to GMC Mexico sales in September 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running GMC sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019