Chevrolet Tahoe sales decreased 9 percent to 26,308 units in the third quarter of 2019. The decrease is a bit disappointing, given a market environment that’s hot for utilities. Now, a new Chevrolet Tahoe discount reduces the price of select models by over $9,000, while another, separate incentive offers interest-free financing for well-qualified buyers. It’s worth noting that a nearly identical Chevrolet Tahoe discount was available in both August and September, and that both offers were more than three times the discount offered in May or the rebate offered in June. In fact, this month’s offer is even more lucrative than the 10 percent discount in February and 11 percent discount made available in March.
Nationwide Chevrolet discount offers on the Tahoe in October 2019 are as follows:
- 2019 Tahoe cash incentive: $4,276 Price Reduction Below MSRP + $3,000 Customer Cash + $2,000 GM Loyalty Cash Allowance = $9,276 Total Discount
- Note that the $2,000 GM loyalty cash only applies to current owners of GM vehicles
- Owners of non-GM vehicles can still take advantage of the $4,276 price reduction and $3,000 customer cash discounts, while forfeiting the $2,000 GM loyalty cash
- 2019 Tahoe finance incentive: 0 percent APR for 72 months when financing with GM Financial
- 2019 Tahoe cash incentive: $3,000 Customer Cash + $4,500 Package Cash Allowance = $7,500 Total Cash Allowance
- Note that this offer is only applicable to 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe with the Premier Plus Special Edition package
For reference, here are the applicable 2019 Tahoe trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
- LS (1LS) – $49,195
- LT (1LT) – $54,195
- Premier (1LZ) – $63,895
Applying the $9,276 Chevrolet discount to an in-stock 2019 Tahoe Premier model with an MSRP of $75,505 brings the starting price of said model to $66,229.
The GM Authority Take
The 2020 model year will be the last year that the current-generation Tahoe is produced, since an all-new, next-generation Tahoe will arrive for the 2021 model year (see more on 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe). As such, we believe that recent Chevrolet Tahoe discount offers are intended to incentivize current GM owners to purchase the current Tahoe, rather than wait for the next-generation model or switch to a more modern offering from Ford (Ford Expedition) or Nissan (Nissan Armada).
- Must take delivery by October 31st, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About ChevroletÂ Tahoe
The ChevroletÂ Tahoe is a full-sizeÂ Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV). It is currently Chevrolet'sÂ second-biggestÂ SUV, slotting under the extended-length full-sizeÂ Chevrolet Suburban. The current model was introduced for the 2015 model year and represents theÂ fourth generation of theÂ Tahoe nameplate. The model rides on theÂ GMT-K2 platformÂ shared with theÂ Chevrolet Silverado,Â Chevrolet Suburban,Â GMC Sierra,Â GMC YukonÂ and Yukon XL as well as theÂ Cadillac EscaladeÂ and Escalade ESV.
The 2018Â ChevyÂ Tahoe represents the fourthÂ model year of the fourth-generation Tahoe. The vehicleÂ remains highly competitive in its segment and the 2018 model year brings various improvements, most notably theÂ Tahoe RSTÂ appearance packageÂ andÂ Tahoe Performance PackageÂ with theÂ 6.2L V-8 L86Â engine and the newÂ GM 10-speedÂ transmission. The 2019 Chevy Tahoe represents the fifth model year of the fourth-generation Tahoe, and offers up a new exterior color, a newÂ Premier badge on the tailgate, and new color availability for the Tahoe RST as well as the rear-closeout feature.Â In addition,Â a new Premier Plus model is introduced and includes the 6.2L V8 L86 engine, 10-speed automatic transmission andÂ several premium-level touches.
An all-new, fifth-generation model is expected for the 2020 model year. The vehicle is expected to be based on the new GM T1 platform whileÂ delivering an all-new exterior, interior, powertrains, and styling details.
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Chevrolet TahoeÂ information
- 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2019Â Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Next Chevy Tahoe
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results