Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 12 percent to 40,824 units in September 2019. The figures enable GM to continue as Brazil’s best-selling automaker and Chevrolet as the country’s best-selling automobile brand.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Camaro sales decreased 35 percent to 13 units
- Chevrolet Cobalt sales decreased 58.32 percent to 831 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 36.24 percent to 1,221 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 34 percent to 266 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales decreased 10.76 percent to 1,153 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales increased 20.47 percent to 21,661 units
- Chevrolet Prisma sales increased 36.96 percent to 8,946 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales increased 20.69 percent to 2,957 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales increased 27.2 percent to 2,268 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 21.98 percent to 1,306 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 40.06 percent to 202 units
During the first nine months of the 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 14 percent to 345,665 units.
Sales Results - September 2019 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||SEP 2019 / SEP 2018||SEPTEMBER 2019||SEPTEMBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
The increase in Chevrolet Brazil sales in September represents the ninth consecutive months of sales gains for the Bow Tie brand in the market. The results are thanks to a solid strategy and steady demand for vehicles in the Brazilian market. In this fashion, sales of the brand increased during the month and during the first nine months of the year.
The Chevrolet Onix continued its ongoing success in September, recording another outstanding performance. In fact, September was the fourth month in 2019 that Onix sales surpassed 20,000 units. It’s worth noting that September sales include the very first deliveries of the all-new Onix Plus (the all-new, second-gen sedan model) presented a few weeks ago in Brazil. GM hopes that the arrival of the second generation subcompact will further strengthen its position as the brand’s best-selling model in the country, and throughout South America.
It’s also worth noting that the Chevrolet Prisma also had a very good month, posting the biggest sales gains in the Chevrolet portfolio and strengthening its position as Brazil’s best-selling sedan. But despite the overwhelmingly positive performance of the Onix and Prisma, seven Chevrolet models suffered notable double-digit drops.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for September 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019