Cadillac Mexico Sales Increase 24 Percent In September 20190
Cadillac Mexico sales increased 24 percent to 87 units in September 2019 compared to September 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 80 percent to 1 unit
- The vehicle has been discontinued and will be replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT4 and Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 50 percent to 1 unit
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 and the Cadillac CT6, though the latter is currently not available in Mexico
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 24.32 percent to 28 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales totaled 42 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 42.31 percent to 15 units
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 nor XTS in Mexico
During the first nine months of the 2019 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales increased 4 percent to 796 units.
Sales Results - September 2019 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||SEP 2019 / SEP 2018||SEPTEMBER 2019||SEPTEMBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
The double-digit increase in Cadillac Mexico sales during the month of September reverses the negative sales performance that the brand had been experiencing in that market, accumulating four consecutive months of contraction. The positive commercial performance in September allowed Cadillac to maintain a positive sales trend during the first nine months of 2019, with significant increases registered by the brand during the first three months of the year contributing heavily to that trend.
In a nutshell, the growth in Cadillac Mexico sales in September can be directly attributed to the Cadillac XT4. The compact crossover managed to recover sales volume, once again becoming the brand’s best-selling model in the Mexican market, after being surpassed by the Escalade in August. By contrast, the rest of the Cadillac model lineup suffered considerable double-digit falls both during last month and in the first nine months of the year.
We expect Cadillac Mexico to maintain a healthy pace during the fourth quarter, with the arrival of the 2020 Cadillac XT5 refresh and the addition of the recently-announced Sport variant in the 2020 Cadillac XT4.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in September 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Cadillac sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q3 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet China Q3 3019 sales
- Buick China Q3 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q3 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.