Cadillac Korea Sales Decrease 30 Percent In September 20190
Cadillac Korea sales decreased 30 percent to 132 units in September 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 90.91 percent to 2 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is currently being replaced by the CT4 on the low end and the CT5 on the high end
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 68.75 percent to 30 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 5 percent to 19 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the CT5 on the low end and CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 120 percent to 33 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 33.33 percent to 48 units
- The Cadillac XTS and Escalade ESV are not offered in South Korea
In the first nine months of 2019, Cadillac Korea sales decreased 6 percent to 1,337 units.
Sales Results - September 2019 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||SEP 2019 / SEP 2018||SEPTEMBER 2019||SEPTEMBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Cadillac Korea sales declined once again in September, representing the second consecutive month that sales fell over 30 percent. The September sales performance also represents the brand’s second-lowest monthly sales result thus far in 2019 in the South Korean market, following a 36 percent decline in August sales.
The negative Cadillac Korea sales performance in September is the result of a free-fall in the sales volume of the brand’s sedan range, which cumulatively accounted for a mere 51 deliveries compared to 138 units sold in September 2018. The biggest impact was caused by the Cadillac CT6, which sold three times fewer units in September 2019 compared to the same month last year, when it was the brand’s best-selling model in South Korea.
Meanwhile, sales of Cadillac’s two utilities currently offered in South Korea increased from 51 to 81 units. The largest increase was recorded by the Escalade, which doubled its sales volume after the arrival of the Sport Edition in the market. In addition, the XT5 showed a healthy 33 percent sales growth, remaining South Korea’s best-selling Cadillac model thus far in 2019.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Korea sales in September 2018, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Cadillac sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q3 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet China Q3 3019 sales
- Buick China Q3 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q3 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.