Buick Mexico sales increased 7 percent to 223 units in September 2019 compared to September 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Buick Enclave sales decreased 8.2 percent to 56 units
- Buick Encore sales increased 44 percent to 154 units
- Buick Envision sales decreased 67.5 percent to 13 units
- Buick Regal sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- The model has been discontinued in Mexico
- The Buick LaCrosse is not offered in Mexico and American production of the model ceased in February
In the first nine months of 2019, Buick Mexico sales decreased 12 percent to 1,939 units.
Sales Results - September 2019 - Mexico - Buick
|MODEL||SEP 2019 / SEP 2018||SEPTEMBER 2019||SEPTEMBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Buick Mexico sales saw a healthy increase in September. The results follow seven consecutive months of contraction. As such, September becomes the second month that the Tri Shield brand has seen its sales increase in Mexico after January, when it saw a 43 percent sales jump. Due to the negative trend during seven of the nine months thus far in 2019, YTD September sales are lower than those during the same period in 2018.
Once again, the Buick Encore was the only Buick model to post an increase in sales in the Mexican market in both September as well as during the first nine months of 2019. In this fashion, the small SUV remains the brand’s best-selling model. Meanwhile, the Enclave and Envision continuing their negative trajectory in Mexico, with notable decreases in sales on a year-over-year basis.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Buick Mexico sales in September 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Buick sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019