Cadillac sales in the United States increased 1 percent to 39,739 units during the second quarter of 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 90.2 percent to 371 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 23.28 percent to 1,862 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 7.46 percent to 2,443 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 2.31 percent to 9,432 units
- Escalade ESV sales are included in this line item
- Cadillac Escalade ESV sales were flat at 0 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales totaled 7,080 units
- GM says that the “XT4 continues to lead its segment” in sales, though this depends on how that segment is defined
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 23.04 percent to 13,118 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 74 units
- The very first units of the new three-row crossover began arriving at dealers during the last few days of the second quarter
- Cadillac XTS sales increased 46.22 percent to 5,359 units
During the first six months of the 2019 calendar year, U.S. Cadillac sales were steady at 75,734 units.
Sales Results - Q2 2019 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q2 2019 / Q2 2018||Q2 2019||Q2 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
After suffering a 2 percent decline in sales volume during the first quarter of 2019, U.S. Cadillac sales increased slightly in Q2 2019. What’s more, the luxury automotive brand managed to maintain a stable sales level during the first half of 2019 despite the ongoing decline in the demand for sedans in the American market while also being in the process of discontinuing three models that have reached the end of their commercial lifecycle.
In the second quarter, five Cadillac models registered lower sales volume than in the year-ago quarter. Among them are the Cadillac ATS, given that the model went out of production months ago. In addition, the brand’s perennial best-seller – the Cadillac XT5 – also suffered a notable decline, representing the biggest drop in volume on a per-unit basis. The mid-size crossover is being eclipsed by more modern rivals from competing brands on the one hand, while on the other seeing internal competition with the new XT4. The updated 2020 Cadillac XT5 will launch shortly in order to address this circumstance.
Meanwhile, the addition of the XT4 and the significant jump in Cadillac XTS sales, made possible by greater demand from fleet customers, made it possible for U.S. Cadillac sales to deliver their first positive quarterly result thus far this year. Meanwhile, the 2020 Cadillac XT6 reported its first 74 deliveries during the quarter. The three-row utility vehicle began arriving at dealers during the final days of June. The model is expected to significantly help Cadillac sales volume growth during the second half of 2019.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. Cadillac sales for Q2 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Cadillac sales results
- General MotorsÂ Q2 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Canada
- GM Q2 2019 sales China
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Mexico:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Brazil:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales South Korea: