GMC Sierra sales decreased 4 percent to 56,857 units in the second quarter of 2019, with Sierra 1500 sales taking the bigger hit with a 4.7 percent decline and a 2.9 percent decline for Sierra HD sales. The results are to be expected, since the launch of the all-new T1-platform Sierra was still underway during Q2. Now that availability of the all-new truck has improved at the retail/dealer level, a GMC discount cuts the price of select 2019 Sierra models by as much as 20 percent.
It’s worth clarifying that a nearly identical GMC discount was offered throughout most of the third quarter, including in July. Meanwhile, a second GMC discount offers over $10,000 off specific models of the new Sierra 1500. Previously, such an offer was exclusive to the previous-generation, K2 model, which GM is no longer incentivizing.
Nationwide GMC discount offers for 2019 Sierra models during the month of September are as follows:
- 2019 Sierra 1500 (Double Cab models): 20 percent below MSRP for current GM owners and lessees
- 2019 Sierra 1500 (SLE Crew Cab models): 20 percent below MSRP for current GM owners and lessees
- 2019 Sierra 1500 (Crew Cab 4WD with SLT Premium Plus Package): $3,531 Price Reduction Below MSRP + $5,500 Purchase Allowance + $1,000 Option Package Discount = $10,031 total value
Interested parties should note that all of the above GMC discount offers will run through September 30th, 2019, and that the 20 percent GMC discount offers are only available to current GM owners and lessees. To qualify, the buyer must have owned or leased a 2005 model year or newer GM vehicle for at least 30 days prior to the new vehicle sale. The measure should surely satisfy disgruntled loyal owners, who were unhappy with incentive offers that were exclusive to competitive owners.
- Must take delivery by September 30th, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.