The Chevrolet Low Cab Forward trucks are being recalled over an issue that could cause the vehicles to stall. The recall is being conducted by Isuzu, which manufactures the vehicles for General Motors/Chevrolet.
The defect: the power supply bolt in the relay box may not have been properly tightened during harness production at the supplier. This may lead to melting of the power wire and/or a loss of electrical power to the vehicle, which can lead to a stall.
The hazard: a stall can increase the risk of a crash.
Affected components: electrical system.
- 2017-2019 Isuzu N-GAS HD
- 2018-2019 Isuzu FTR
Chevrolet Low Cab Forward:
- 2017-2019 Chevrolet Low Cab Forward 3500
- 2017-2019 Chevrolet Low Cab Forward 4500
- 2018-2019 Chevrolet Low Cab Forward 6500XD
Number of vehicles affected: 16,766 in the United States.
The fix: Isuzu will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the relay box power supply bolt, tightening it as necessary. If the harness or relay box is found to be damaged, it will be replaced or repaired, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin October 25th, 2019.
Owners should: await notification from Isuzu and/or Chevrolet. Owners can also contact customer service with questions by using the following information.
- Chevrolet Customer Service: 1-800-222-1020
- Isuzu Customer Service: 1-866-441-9638
- Isuzu Recall Number: V1905
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Recall Number: 19V647000