Chevrolet Korea sales decreased 25 percent to 6,754 units in July 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales decreased 66.4 percent to 293 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales decreased 14.29 percent to 12 units
- Chevrolet Damas sales decreased 26.51 percent to 280 units
- The Damas is a small van originally introduced by Daewoo, which GM subsequently bought in the late 1990s
- Chevrolet Equinox sales increased 32.46 percent to 253 units
- Chevrolet Impala sales decreased 74.45 percent to 35 units
- Chevrolet Labo sales decreased 25.21 percent to 270 units
- The Labo is a line of small vans and pickups introduced by Daewoo, which GM subsequently bought in the late 1990s
- Chevrolet Malibu sales decreased 29.18 percent to 1,284 units
- Chevrolet Spark sales decreased 7.5 percent to 3,304 units
- Chevrolet Trax sales decreased 12.49 percent to 995 units
- The Chevrolet Aveo, Cruze, Orlando, Captiva and Volt were discontinued in South Korea
During the first seven months of 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Korea sales decreased 18 percent to 42,352 units.
Sales Results - July 2019 - South Korea - Chevrolet
|MODEL||JUL 2019 / JUL 2018||JULY 2019||JULY 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Chevrolet Korea sales fell again in July, with eight of the brand’s nine models offered in that market posting decreases in sales volume. The Chevrolet Equinox was the only exception to that turn of events, as it was the only Bow Tie model to see sales grow in July. Chevy’s compact SUV has registered a significant increase in year-to-date deliveries, but that’s mostly a result of July 2018 being the second month of Equinox sales in the South Korean market.
Despite the negative trend in Chevrolet Korea sales, it is worth noting that the 6,754 units sold in July represent the highest monthly sales figure that the brand has seen thus far in 2019 in the market. July also saw the brand’s two South Korean best-sellers – the Chevrolet Spark and Chevrolet Malibu – post monthly sales records thus far this year, with 3,304 and 1,284 deliveries, respectively.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Korea July 2018 sales, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019