Chevrolet Korea Sales Decrease 13 Percent In August 20190
Chevrolet Korea sales decreased 13 percent to 6,411 units in August 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales decreased 66.4 percent to 212 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales increased 20 percent to 12 units
- Chevrolet Damas sales decreased 8.64 percent to 275 units
- The Damas is a small van originally introduced by Daewoo, which GM subsequently bought in the late 1990s
- Chevrolet Equinox sales increased 71.13 percent to 166 units
- Chevrolet Impala sales decreased 27.47 percent to 66 units
- Chevrolet Labo sales decreased 19.53 percent to 276 units
- The Labo is a line of small vans and pickups introduced by Daewoo, which GM subsequently bought in the late 1990s
- Chevrolet Malibu sales decreased 44.39 percent to 739 units
- Chevrolet Spark sales increased 9.54 percent to 3,618 units
- Chevrolet Trax sales increased 24.94 percent to 1,047 units
- The Chevrolet Aveo, Cruze, Orlando, Captiva and Volt have been discontinued in South Korea
During the first eight months of 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Korea sales decreased 17 percent to 48,763 units.
Sales Results - August 2019 - South Korea - Chevrolet
|MODEL||AUG 2019 / AUG 2018||AUGUST 2019||AUGUST 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
The decline in Chevrolet Korea sales in August represents the fourth consecutive decline in sales volume and the sixth decline in the first eight months of 2019 (when counted on a non-consecutive basis). As such, Chevrolet sales have only increased in March and April. This circumstance has caused Chevrolet to continue losing market share in South Korea.
Last month, four Chevrolet models managed to post an increase in sales volume. The Chevrolet Spark is one of those four models, as the city car delivered 3,618 units, representing its best monthly sales performance so far this year. The performance makes the Spark the best-selling Chevrolet model in South Korea. Meanwhile, sales of the Equinox and Trax also registered double-digit increases in sales, both in August as well as during the first eight months of 2019.
GM currently introducing the Chevrolet Colorado and Traverse in Korea with the goal of improving the Chevrolet brand image in the country. We also expect the models to improve Chevrolet sales in the market. Additionally, GM is preparing to launch of the all-new Chevrolet Trailblazer. The small crossover will slot between the Trax and Equinox and aims to capitalize on the growing demand in utility vehicles in South Korea as well as in other global markets.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Korea sales in August 2018 sales, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q3 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet China Q3 3019 sales
- Buick China Q3 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q3 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.