Chevrolet Malibu sales decreased 18 percent in the second quarter of 2019, which we attribute to competitiveness issues as well as changing consumer purchase dynamics that have consumers favoring crossovers, SUVs, and trucks over sedans. Now, a new Chevrolet discount reduces the price of select Malibu models by $3,250 during the month of September.
Nationwide Chevrolet discount offers on the Malibu for September 2019 are as follows:
- 2019 Malibu LT: $4,000 total cash allowance when financing with GM Financial
- 2019 Malibu LT: $1,250 Customer Cash + $2,000 Purchase Bonus Cash = $3,250 total cash allowance
- This discount does not require financing through GM Financial
- 2019 Malibu: $1,250 Customer Cash + $1,000 Purchase Bonus Cash = $2,250 total cash allowance
- Excludes L and LT models
- 2019 Malibu finance offer: $500 APR Cash + 0 percent APR for 72 months (interest-free) when financing with GM Financial
- Excludes L models
- There’s also a 19 percent discount for some 2019 Malibu models, but the discount only applies to current owners of competitive (non-GM) models
- The 19 percent discount can add up to $6,497 off a Malibu Premier, consisting of $5,453 Purchase Cash + $1,044 Price Reduction Below MSRP
All of the above Chevrolet discount offers for the Malibu sedan are valid through September 30th.
For reference, here are the starting MSRPs for the 2019 Malibu:
- L – $22,965
- LS – $24,095
- RS – $25,095
- LT – $27,495
- Hybrid – $29,095
- Premier – $32,695
- Must take delivery by September 30th, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About Chevrolet Malibu
The Chevrolet Malibu is a mid-size sedan sold in most markets where Chevrolet has a business presence. It is currently Chevrolet's second-largest sedan, in the U.S. and Canada, slotting above the subcompact Chevrolet Sonic and compact Chevrolet Cruze but under the full-size Chevrolet Impala.
For 2019 - the fourth model year of the ninth-gen model - the Malibu received a midcycle enhancement, otherwise known as a facelift or refresh, that consists of revised exterior styling, a new Malibu RS trim level, a CVT transmission for L, LS, LT and RS models, a new infotainment system, a new 8-inch reconfigurable driver information center (DIC), LED headlamps on the Premier model, and various other new features.
The Chevrolet Malibu is produced at the following GM plants:
- GM Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas, USA supplying the Americas
- GM Bupyeong plant in South Korea supplying Eurasia
- Shanghai GM Jinqiao North in China (GM China) supplying China
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Running GM sales results
- Chevrolet Malibu information