Chevrolet Canada Sales Decrease 15 Percent In Q2 20198
Chevrolet Canada sales decreased 15 percent to 44,892 units during the second quarter of 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Blazer sales totaled 623 units
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales increased 57.7 percent to 1,290 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales decreased 7.2 percent to 993 units
- Chevrolet City Express sales totaled 3 units
- Chevrolet Colorado sales decreased 13 percent to 2,401 units
- Chevrolet Corvette sales increased 6 percent to 753 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 58 percent to 3,130 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 8.84 percent to 5,849 units
- Chevrolet Express sales increased 11.43 percent to 1,355 units
- Chevrolet Impala sales increased 26.23 percent to 1,747 units
- Chevrolet Malibu sales decreased 20.63 percent to 2,097 units
- Chevrolet Silverado sales decreased 4.68 percent to 16,643 units
- Chevrolet Sonic sales decreased 99.93 percent to 1 units
- Chevrolet Spark sales increased 8.71 percent to 2,283 units
- Chevrolet Suburban sales decreased 11.3 percent to 659 units
- Chevrolet Tahoe sales increased 18.63 percent to 1,140 units
- Chevrolet Traverse sales decreased 24.38 percent to 1,619 units
- Chevrolet Trax sales decreased 33.62 percent to 1,011 units
- Chevrolet Volt sales decreased 21.18 percent to 1,295 units
During the first six months of the 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Canada sales decreased 18 percent to 74,868 units.
Sales Results - Q2 2019 - Canada - Chevrolet
|MODEL||Q2 2019 / Q2 2018||Q2 2019||Q2 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
The decline in Chevrolet Canada sales continued in the second quarter of 2019, with the results lining up with the overall performance of the Canadian auto market, which has seen 16 consecutive months of declining auto sales through the first half of 2019. Most Chevrolet models saw a decline in second-quarter 2019 sales on a year-over-year basis, including key models such as the Chevrolet Silverado and Chevrolet Equinox, which are GM’s best-selling nameplates in the country.
Meanwhile, some Chevrolet models managed to post record sales figures during the second quarter, including the Bolt EV, which had its best second quarter, with sales up 57.5 percent. The small battery-electric model is reaping the benefits of Canadian federal incentives for EVs. In a similar fashion, the Spark also saw its best second quarter in its history, with a growth rate of nine percent.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Canada sales for Q2 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- General MotorsÂ Q2 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet Q2 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Cadillac Q2 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Buick Q2 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GMC Q2 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Canada
- Chevrolet Canada Q2 2019 sales
- Cadillac Canada Q2 2019 sales
- Buick Canada Q2 2019 sales
- GMC Canada Q2 2019 sales
- GM Q2 2019 sales China
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Mexico:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Brazil:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales South Korea:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
Killing the Cruze puts a huge hole in the GM lineup. The Cruze was selling in pretty decent numbers as well.
Killing the Cruze says a lot about GM’s board of directors when they say 140,000 units sold in a year doesn’t justify building it.
Hyundai Kia is the new GM of Canada. They are even doing very better than the Pontiac days .
GM just need a competent compact to counter-act this (yes an CT4 based Chevy). OTOH GM is selling like gangbusters in US, Lat/A and China, smaller regions (Can, Aus, etc) don’t count like they did in the past.
GM sales are down in every market around the world and nonexistent in the super lucrative European market because they bailed.
The poorly executed dead end so called trade war is pushing the Nationalist Chinese away from American vehicles. That’s called the Trump effect.
So even when Trump eventually leave office GM can’t plan for the future?.
Canada is a shrinking market and Europe is shut-out like Japan, the Clinton’s could have been in office now and the same things happen. China eventually will level-out and not only Lat/Am is expanding but I’d expect expansion in east Asia in the future.
This is not the old GM heartbeat of America.
People are tied of the GM LLC bullshit. Obscenely overpaid executives.
GM moving jobs to Mexico Korea and china. Stock buybacks instead of reinvestments.
When GM cuts ties with America. Customers cuts ties with GM.
GM Canada sales have been going down and will continue to go down because GM is closing there number one plant in Oshawa. This doesn’t sit well with the Canadian public after the government gave GM $12 billion in loans in 2009, of which more than $2 billion still hasn’t been repaid.