Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 2 percent to 42,370 units in August 2019. The performance enable GM to continue as Brazil’s best-selling automaker and Chevrolet as the country’s best-selling automobile brand.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales totaled 0 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales increased 400 percent to 15 units
- Chevrolet Cobalt sales decreased 35.31 percent to 1,416 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 17.11 percent to 1,856 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 6.58 percent to 412 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales decreased 9.19 percent to 1,275 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales increased 2.91 percent to 22,396 units
- Chevrolet Prisma sales increased 18.5 percent to 7,251 units
- The sedan variant of the Chevrolet Onix
- Chevrolet S10 sales increased 15.43 percent to 3,053 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales increased 39.59 percent to 2,810 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 45.34 percent to 1,290 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales increased 46.27 percent to 588 units
During the first eight months of the 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 14 percent to 304,921 units.
Sales Results - August 2019 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||AUG 2019 / AUG 2018||AUGUST 2019||AUGUST 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Chevrolet Brazil sales had another solid performance in August, totaling 42,370 units and representing the highest sales volume recorded in any 2019 month. In fact, Chevrolet Brazil sales have increased during each of the first eight months of the year.
Once again, the Chevrolet Onix continued as Chevy’s protagonist during the month, setting a new sales record of 22,396 units sold in Brazil. The subcompact Chevrolet hatchback strengthens its position as the best selling car in the country, outselling its closest rival during August by a factor of two. The Onix further advances its success despite being on sale for seven years with only a slight update. The second-generation model is about to be launched in Brazil, with the all-new model co-existing for a while with the current model.
Also noteworthy is the solid sales performance of the Chevrolet S10 pickup truck and TrailBlazer SUV, which saw sales gains of 15.43 percent and 46.27 percent, respectively. That makes August the best month of Trailblazer sales and second-best for S10 sales so far in 2019 in the market.
The increase in sales is likely related to the update that both recently received for the 2020 model year, or other promotional efforts on the part of Chevrolet in Brazil.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for August 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q3 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet China Q3 3019 sales
- Buick China Q3 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q3 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019