Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 3 percent to 76 units in August 2019 compared to August 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 66.67 percent to 3 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 80 percent to 1 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 21 percent to 29 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales totaled 27 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 60 percent to 16 units
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 nor XTS in Mexico
During the first eight months of the 2019 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales increased 2 percent to 709 units.
Sales Results - August 2019 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||AUG 2019 / AUG 2018||AUGUST 2019||AUGUST 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Cadillac Mexico sales decreased slightly in August, registering the brand’s second-lowest monthly sales figure in 2019 (the lowest point were the 72 units sold in January). In that manner, August becomes the fourth consecutive month in 2019 during which Cadillac saw a decline in sales volume in the Mexican market, albeit with the lowest decline on a percentage basis.
We attribute the negative trend in Cadillac Mexico sales over the past few months to two specific factors. First, three of the five models that Cadillac currently sells in Mexico registered large drops in sales, with the XT5 seeing the most prominent decline. Second, the relatively weak commercial performance of the new Cadillac XT4, which saw sales volume fall significantly in August compared to its sales performance during the previous five months.
Meanwhile, sales of the Cadillac Escalade increased 21 percent year-over-year, with the large luxury SUV becoming the brand’s best-selling vehicle in August. It is worth noting that this is the third time this year that the Escalade has become Cadillac’s best-selling model in Mexico, with the other two months being February and April.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in August 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Cadillac sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019