Chevrolet China sales increased 37 percent to 66,523 units during the second quarter of 2019.
General Motors does not provide individual sales performance of sales in China, but we do have the following information:
- In June, Cadillac launched the refreshed XT5 luxury crossover SUV, which includes “30 upgraded features”
- The XT5 continues to be “one of Cadillac’s most popular models in China”
- Cadillac also launched the all-new three-row XT6 crossover SUV in July. The XT6 is slot above the XT4 and XT5 to give Cadillac an entry in the popular three-row crossover segment
- The new CT5 compact luxury sedan will arrive in China later this year as part of Cadillac’s strategy to introduce a new model every six months
During the first six months of the 2019 calendar year, Cadillac China sales increased 7 percent to 111,207 units.
Sales Results - Q2 2019 - China - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q2 2019 / Q2 2018||Q2 2019||Q2 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Cadillac China sales experienced healthy growth during the second quarter of 2019, increasing 37 percent compared to the same timeframe of 2018. In this fashion, GM’x luxury brand quickly recovered from the fall in sales experienced during the first quarter of 2019, the first decline after several consecutive quarters of rapid growth in the Chinese market.
It’s worth noting that Cadillac was the only brand of GM’s five Chinese vehicle brands that saw positive sales during the second quarter. Not only does this chain of events buck the trend within GM, but also in the overall Chinese automotive market, which is seen sales fall as a result of weaker demand for automobiles.
The growth in Cadillac China sales so far this year is the result of the addition of the all-new XT4 and updated CT6, which were launched in the market with particularly competitive prices. To support this growth, Cadillac recently introduced the 2020 Cadillac XT5 refresh and the all-new Cadillac XT6, the latter of which is the first large luxury SUV produced in China. In the next few months, the brand will launch the Cadillac CT5, which will replace the ATS-L in China’s most competitive luxury segment.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac China sales for Q2 2018, except when noted
- Cadillac China sales figures represent retail sales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- General MotorsÂ Q2 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Canada
- GM Q2 2019 sales China
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Mexico:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Brazil:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales South Korea: