In July, we brought you the very first real-world photos of the all-new new 2020 Corvette C8 in the Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic color (see all 2020 Corvette colors). Today, we caught the C8 in Rapid Blue, giving us our best look yet at the light blue color for Chevrolet’s new mid-engine sports car.
The Rapid Blue 2020 Corvette C8 Coupe seen here is riding on Carbon Flash Open Spoke wheels with a Carbon Flash side accent. It also appears to be equipped with the optional Z51 Performance Package, as evidenced by the unique spoiler, which in this instance is finished in body color. That, of course, means that the model is equipped with the optional dual-mode performance exhaust system, allowing the mid-mounted 6.2L LT2 V8 to make 495 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque along with a plethora of good noises.
As a reminder, the Z51 package adds the following equipment to the 2020 mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette Stingray:
- Michelin PS4 Performance 3 Season tires
- Standard FE3 Performance Suspension
- Opens up the availability of the optional FE4 Suspension with Magnetic Ride Control
- Larger 345 mm front and 350 mm rear brake rotors
- Extra cooling with additional rear-mounted third radiator
- Electronic Limited-Slip Differential
- Larger rear spoiler provides up to 400 pounds of downforce
- Performance exhaust results in 495 horsepower
Back to the Rapid Blue hue: the best way to describe the color is “baby blue,” though the intensity varies based on how much light is hitting the car. Rapid Blue is also notably lighter than the deep Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, and seems to bring more of the design’s surface development to the forefront.
We should also note that the Rapid Blue 2020 Corvette validation prototype doesn’t wear any badging. It also doesn’t feature any exposed carbon fiber or Carbon Flash elements, with the wheels and side accent being the only exceptions.