The 2019 GMC Sierra CarbonPro Edition models are now available at U.S. GMC dealers.
According to checks performed by GM Authority with the leading GMC dealers across the U.S., the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 models with the carbon fiber composite bed began arriving at dealers in mid-July to early August timeframe, with many of the units already spoken for prior to hitting the ground. Though many units have been sold as of this writing, there are still some units remaining.
The GMC Sierra CarbonPro is a special edition model for the 2019 model year. Available on both the Sierra Denali 1500 and Sierra AT4 1500, its primary draw is the CarbonPro bed – a purpose-built carbon-composite bed that delivers best-in-class dent, scratch, and corrosion resistance. The Sierra CarbonPro Edition was available in limited quantities for the 2019 model year, but will be available in greater numbers for the 2020 model year.
Key benefits of the CarbonPro bed include:
- Strength, durability and scratch resistance: the carbon fiber composite material provides the most scratch, dent and corrosion-resistant pickup bed in the industry.
- Corrosion resistance: Carbon fiber composite naturally resists corrosion, helping the bed withstand weathering and maintain a premium appearance over the life of the truck.
- Reduced weight: the CarbonPro bed weighs 25 percent less than a traditional steel bed, removing roughly 60 pounds of vehicle mass. Its grained surface also negates the need for bed liners, saving further vehicle mass. Meanwhile, rear wheelhouse liners are also not needed. The weight savings result in CarbonPro models having a payload that’s at least 59 pounds higher, depending on configurations and equipment, than Sierra models without the CarbonPro bed.
- More volume: the CarbonPro bed design enables best-in-class cargo volume, increasing the already class-leading volume of the Sierra’s roll-formed steel bed by 1 cubic foot.
- More functionality: the CarbonPro bed features indentations specifically designed for tires of dirt and street bikes. Two additional tie-down locations are installed at the front of the bed.
The 2019 GMC Sierra Carbon Pro Edition models are powered by the naturally-aspirated 6.2L V8 L87 gasoline EcoTec3 engine making 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. The atmospheric V8 is mated to the GM 10-speed automatic transmission.
All models also feature the MultiPro tailgate with the MultiPro Audio System by Kicker as well as a CarbonPro badge on the front fender. The Sierra Denali CarbonPro model adds a set of unique 22-inch 6-spoke Low Gloss Black wheels.