Chevrolet Mexico Sales Decrease 14 Percent In July 20190
Chevrolet Mexico sales decreased 14 percent to 16,495 units in July 2019 compared to July 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Aveo sales decreased 15.28 percent to 5,644 units
- The Mexico-market Aveo is imported from China, where it is sold as the Chevrolet Sail
- Chevrolet Beat sales increased 4.81 percent to 5,900 units
- The Mexico-market Beat is the first-generation Spark, with the sales figures comprised of the Spark five-door hatch and the Spark four-door sedan
- Chevrolet Blazer sales totaled 170 units
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales increased 100 percent to 4 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales decreased 37.84 percent to 23 units
- Chevrolet Cavalier sales decreased 15.02 percent to 1,222 units
- The Mexico-market Cavalier is imported from China, where it is sold by the same name
- Chevrolet Colorado sales decreased 15.67 percent to 113 units
- Chevrolet Corvette sales decreased 14.29 percent to 6 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 99.06 percent to 2 units
- The model has been discontinued
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 40.72 percent to 214 units
- Chevrolet Express sales decreased 46.43 percent to 30 units
- Chevrolet Malibu sales decreased 93.55 percent to 8 units
- The model has been discontinued in Mexico
- Chevrolet S10 sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- The S10 has been discontinued and replaced by the Colorado in Mexico
- The S10 previously sold in Mexico was made in Brazil
- Chevrolet Silverado sales decreased 23.14 percent to 621 units
- Silverado sales include sales of the Silverado (available only in the Work Truck trim in Mexico) and the up-level Chevrolet Cheyenne
- Chevrolet Sonic sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- The model has been discontinued in favor of the Cavalier
- Chevrolet Spark sales decreased 31 percent to 848 units
- The Mexico-market Spark is the same second-generation Spark sold in the United States
- Chevrolet Suburban sales decreased 38.86 percent to 118 units
- Chevrolet Tahoe sales increased 3.06 percent to 101 units
- Chevrolet Tornado sales decreased 28.25 percent to 315 units
- The Chevrolet Tornado small pickup is imported from Brazil, where it is known as the Chevrolet Montana
- Chevrolet Traverse sales decreased 38.82 percent to 52 units
- Chevrolet Trax sales decreased 32.6 percent to 1,104 units
During the first seven months of the 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Mexico sales decreased 6 percent to 111,957 units.
Sales Results - July 2019 - Mexico - Chevrolet
|MODEL||JUL 2019 / JUL 2018||JULY 2019||JULY 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Chevrolet Mexico sales declined once again in July, marking the sixth consecutive month of sales declines. An overwhelming majority of Chevrolet models suffered two- and three-digit declines during July, a circumstance that does not appear to be dependent on body style. That, in turn, negatively impacted the year-to-date figure of the first seven months of 2019. The ongoing fall in Chevrolet Mexico sales is the result of an ongoing decline of automobile demand in Mexico, which has impacted the sales volumes of all major automotive brands in the country.
In fact, only three Chevrolet models posted higher sales on a year-over-year basis, including the Chevrolet Beat – which the brand has positioned as the best-selling vehicle in Mexico. The other two models are the Bolt EV and the Tahoe, though their overall sales volume is less significant. For its part, the new 2019 Blazer had its best month to date by selling 170 units.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Mexico sales in July 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q3 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet China Q3 3019 sales
- Buick China Q3 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q3 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.