Chevrolet Sonic sales decreased 12 percent to 4,024 units in the second quarter of 2019, a performance that demonstrates Chevrolet’s ongoing weakness in the mainstream subcompact car space. While the Bow Tie brand has announced that it will discontinue the Sonic in Canada and has already done so in Mexico, the Sonic continues being available for the United States. And now, a new Chevrolet discount takes $2,000 off 2019 Sonic models during the month of August 2019.
Nationwide Chevrolet discount offers on 2019 Sonic models in August 2019 are applicable to both sedan and hatch models, and are as follows:
- 2019 Sonic combined financing offer: $250 APR Cash + 0 percent APR (interest-free) for 60 months when financing through GM Financial
- 2019 Sonic cash allowance: $1,000 customer cash + $1,000 purchase bonus cash = $2,000 total cash allowance
For reference, here are the applicable 2019 Sonic trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
- LS – $16,295
- LT – $18,795
- Premier – $20,895
- 5-Door (Hatch)
- LT – $18,895
- Premier – $20,895
The $2,000 Chevrolet discount as it applies to a 2019 Sonic Premier with a $20,895 MSRP lowers said price to $18,895, making it just as affordable as a hatch LT model or $100 more than a sedan LT model via the following incentives: $1,000 purchase cash + $1,000 purchase bonus cash = $2,000 below MSRP.
- Must take delivery by September 3rd, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About Chevrolet Sonic
The Chevrolet Sonic is a subcompact family of vehicles that include a four-door sedan and five-door hatchback. Having replaced the Aveo in the Chevrolet lineup, the Sonic is currently Chevrolet's second-smallest car, slotting above the Chevrolet Spark city car but below the compact Chevrolet Cruze, midsize Chevrolet Malibu and full-size Chevrolet Impala.
The current model was introduced for the 2012 model year and represents the first generation of the Sonic nameplate. The model rides on the GM Gamma platform shared with the Chevrolet Trax and Buick Encore.
The Sonic was given a midcycle refresh for the 2017 model year. The 2018 Chevy Sonic represents the sixth model year of the first-generation Sonic. The vehicle remains fairly competitive in its segment and the 2018 model year brings a handful of changes, including a new exterior color, a change to the Sun and Sound Package, and the standardization of the seven-inch diagonal color touchscreen.
For the 2019 model year, the Sonic gained one new exterior color (while losing two other colors), the removal of the base 1.8L naturally-aspirated Ecotec engine, and several other minor equipment-level changes.
The Sonic is assembled at the following plants:
- GM Lake Orion plant in Orion Township, Michigan, USA operated by GM USA supplying United States and Canada
- GM Bupyeong plant in South Korea operated by GM Korea supplying Korea (previously supplied Holden Barina for Australia and New Zealand)
- GM Cairo plant in Egypt operated by GM Egypt (plant idled)
- GM Hanoi plant in Vietnam operated by GM Vietnam (plant sold and no longer producing GM models)
A March 2017 rumor stated that GM would discontinue the Sonic as soon as 2018. As of this writing, it's unclear whether or not the nameplate will see a second generation. In November 2018, General Motors announced that it will discontinue the Chevrolet Cruze, along with five other passengers cars. Though the Sonic was not on that list, the model was discontinued in Canada. The move leaves the United States and South Korea as the only two markets where the model is currently available.
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Chevrolet Sonic information
- Running GM sales results