Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 4 percent to 82 units in July 2019 compared to July 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and will be replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 60 percent to 2 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 36.36 percent to 21 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales totaled 42 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 62.22 percent to 17 units
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 nor XTS in Mexico
During the first seven months of the 2019 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales increased 3 percent to 633 units.
Sales Results - July 2019 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||JUL 2019 / JUL 2018||JULY 2019||JULY 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
The decline in Cadillac Mexico sales during July represent the third consecutive month of sales declines, though the four percent slowdown represents an improvement over the 19 percent fall recorded in June and 22 percent drop-off in May. The increases recorded during the first four months of the year made it possible for Cadillac Mexico sales to remain positive during the first seven months of 2019, growing 3 percent compared to the same period in 2018.
The decrease recorded in July is due to declines in sales volumes of all Cadillac models, except for the Cadillac XT4 – which is a recent addition to Cadillac’s portfolio in Mexico. The new compact crossover replaces the XT5 as the brand’s best-selling model in the market: no only is it a newer product, but it’s also less expensive than the XT5.
We expect the 2020 Cadillac XT5 refresh and the all-new Cadillac XT6 to reach the Mexican market at the end of the year, with the aim of strengthening the brand’s range of utilities and improving Cadillac Mexico sales performance.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in July 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Cadillac sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019