Cadillac Korea sales increased 11 percent to 158 units in June 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 69.23 percent to 4 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CTS sales increased 80 percent to 18 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac CT6 sales increased 2.94 percent to 35 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 50 percent to 33 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 7.94 percent to 68 units
- The Cadillac XTS and Escalade ESV are not offered in South Korea
In the first six months of 2019, Cadillac Korea sales increased a slight 0.71 percent to 848 units.
Sales Results - June 2019 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||JUN 2019 / JUN 2018||JUNE 2019||JUNE 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Cadillac Korea sales recorded a double-digit increase during the month of June, driven by higher sales in four of the five model lines currently offered by the luxury brand in South Korea. Only sales of the ATS decreased, a model that has recorded double-digit decreases in each of the first six months of 2019 since it has been discontinued.
The upward trend in CTS sales is noteworthy, although it has already reached the end of its commercial cycle. The vehicle registered the largest jump in Cadillac sales, both in June and during the year-to-date timeframe.
In addition, Cadillac Korea sales remained stable during the first half of the year thanks to a slight 0.71 percent increase. The brand could improve its sales in South Korea during the second half, as the new Cadillac XT4 and refreshed XT5 are expected to launch in the market before the end of the year.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Korea June 2018 sales, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Cadillac sales results
- General Motors Q2 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q2 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Q2 2019 sales Canada
- GM Q2 2019 sales China
- GM Q2 2019 sales Mexico:
- GM Q2 2019 sales Brazil:
- GM Q2 2019 sales South Korea: