Cadillac Korea Sales Increase 37 Percent In July 20191
Cadillac Korea sales increased 37 percent to 202 units in July 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales increased 28.57 percent to 18 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 44.23 percent to 29 units
- Cadillac CTS sales increased 118.18 percent to 24 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 115.79 percent to 41 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 76.47 percent to 90 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- The Cadillac XTS and Escalade ESV are not offered in South Korea
In the first seven months of 2019, Cadillac Korea sales increased 6 percent to 1,050 units.
Sales Results - July 2019 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||JUL 2019 / JUL 2018||JULY 2019||JULY 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
July represented the best Cadillac Korea sales performance so far in 2019, increasing 37.41 percent compared to the same month last year. The brand not only registered the highest percentage increase so far this year in July, but also the highest monthly sales volume – exceeding the 200-unit barrier for the first time thus far in 2019. Similarly, year-to-date sales in the first seven months saw the highest increase thus far in 2019.
With the exception of the CT6, all Cadillac models saw two- and three-digit sales increases during the month. The most prominent were the CTS and the Escalade, which doubled their sales compared to July 2018. In addition, the XT5 achieved its best monthly sales performance. Meanwhile, CT6 sales volume fell to its lowest level of the year due to lower availability as the model transitions to the redesigned/facelifted version.
It’s worth noting that the Cadillac XT4 has yet to be introduced in the South Korean market. We expect the small crossover to launch by the end of the 2019 calendar year as a 2020 model year vehicle. The same holds true for the facelifted Cadillac XT5. It’s currently unclear whether or when the Cadillac XT6 will launch in South Korea.
We expect that the launches of the XT4 and XT6 will propel Cadillac sales to new heights in all global markets, including in South Korea.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Korea July 2018 sales, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Cadillac sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q3 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q3 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet China Q3 3019 sales
- Buick China Q3 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q3 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
Oddly… however, it’s good news, Cadillac should make the same performance on the US car market!