Buick China Sales Decrease 14 Percent In Q2 20193
Buick China sales decreased 14 percent to 198,052 units during the second quarter of 2019.
General Motors does not provide individual sales performance of sales in China, but we do have the following information:
- The sales results included the launch of Buick’s “first all-electric vehicle, the Velite 6, to support GM’s commitment to a zero-emissions future”
- Buick also announced “a strategic partnership with EVCARD to explore the electric vehicle sharing market”
- Buick launched the all-new Encore and Encore GX in July in China
- The all-new Enclave crossover will arrive by the end of 2019; this three-row vehicle – smaller than the full-size Enclave sold in North America – leaked completely this month
- With the new Encore, new Enclave and current Envision as part of Buick’s lineup, the brand will be well-positioned in one of the market’s most-popular segments
During the first six months of the 2019 calendar year, Buick China sales decreased 16 percent to 423,365 units.
Sales Results - Q2 2019 - China - Buick
|MODEL||Q2 2019 / Q2 2018||Q2 2019||Q2 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Buick China sales continued to decline during the second quarter of the year. In fact, the results represent five consecutive quarters of sales volume declines for the Tri Shield brand, with the last increase in sales taking place during the first quarter of 2018, when sales increased by 9 percent compared to the same period in 2017.
The steady decline in Buick sales in its primary market is directly attributable to weak auto demand in the region. In fact, car sales fell 16 percent in China during the second quarter of 2019. In addition to a stagnating economy and trade tension with the United States, China also saw the China-6 emissions standards go into effect last month, forcing manufacturers to offer their vehicles with increasingly smaller engines and even leading to the discontinuation of some vehicle lines. Chinese consumers are still adjusting to this drastic change in automobile offerings.
We expect Buick China sales to improve during the second half of the year, driven by an expanded and modernized utility offerings. The new Encore family, consisting of the second-generation Encore as well as the all-new Encore GX, is especially important for the Tri Shield brand, strengthening its competitiveness in the world’s largest automotive market. The all-new “baby Enclave” will also play an important role in expanding Buick sales in China, since it introduces the brand into a market segment with a lot of growth potential in China.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Buick China sales for Q2 2018, except when noted
- Buick China sales figures represent retail sales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Buick sales results
- General MotorsÂ Q2 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet Q2 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Cadillac Q2 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Buick Q2 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GMC Q2 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Canada
- Chevrolet Canada Q2 2019 sales
- Cadillac Canada Q2 2019 sales
- Buick Canada Q2 2019 sales
- GMC Canada Q2 2019 sales
- GM Q2 2019 sales China
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Mexico:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Brazil:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales South Korea:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
Trump is a walking disaster area. Say it anytime you want. Mary.
to bad GM –make them in AMERICA then ship them anywhere
Transport adds to final sales price.
Import duty levied by the destination country adds to the sales price.
Length of delivery time for a vehicle influences customer’s buying decision.
Just a calculation.