GMC Sierra sales decreased 4 percent to 56,857 units in the second quarter of 2019, with HD sales falling 3 percent to 13,946 units. The results would be concerning under normal circumstances, given the ongoing market shift towards trucks and SUVs and away from sedans. However, with the all-new 2019 Sierra 1500 model undergoing its launch in the first half of 2019, and the heavy-duty model en route for 2020, the decline is expected.
So, in what is perhaps an effort to move current-gen models of the premium heavy duty pickup truck, a GMC Sierra HD discount reduces the price of select models by 10 percent in July 2019, which equates to nearly $7,000 in some cases.
GMC provides the following example offer of its incentive on the 2019 Sierra 2500HD SLT 4WD Crew Cab equipped with the Duramax Plus Package:
- $4,516 price reduction + a purchase allowance of $2,322 = $6,838 total off the MSRP for current GM owners and lessees who finances with GM Financial.
It appears that this GMC Sierra HD discount is only applicable to 2019 SLT 4WD Crew Cab models equipped with the Duramax package. For reference, here are the applicable 2019 Sierra HD SLT configurations and their corresponding MSRPs:
- Sierra 2500HD SLT – $63,000
- Sierra 3500HD SLT – $63,805
As such, the GMC Sierra HD discount brings the price of the example model from $68,375 to a more affordable $61,537.
- Must take delivery by July 31st, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.