Chevrolet Korea sales decreased 40 percent to 5,757 units in June 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales decreased 84.58 percent to 250 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales decreased 23.08 percent to 10 units
- Chevrolet Damas sales decreased 46.32 percent to 219 units
- The Damas is a small van originally introduced by Daewoo, which GM subsequently bought in the late 1990s
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 40 percent to 231 units
- Chevrolet Impala sales decreased 54.46 percent to 51 units
- Chevrolet Labo sales decreased 38.08 percent to 200 units
- The Labo is a line of small vans and pickups introduced by Daewoo, which GM subsequently bought in the late 1990s
- Chevrolet Malibu sales increased 13.21 percent to 1,183 units
- Chevrolet Spark sales decreased 33.32 percent to 2,567 units
- Chevrolet Trax sales increased 7.06 percent to 1,046 units
- The Chevrolet Aveo, Cruze, Orlando, Captiva and Volt were discontinued in South Korea
In the first six months of 2019, Chevrolet Korea sales decreased 16 percent to 35,539 units.
Sales Results - June 2019 - South Korea - Chevrolet
|MODEL||JUN 2019 / JUN 2018||JUNE 2019||JUNE 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Chevrolet Korea sales are continuing to fall, with a decrease in four of the first six months of 2019. The Bow Tie brand only recorded sales growth in the market during the months of March and April, when it appeared that sales were recovering after the particularly negative performance throughout 2018.
Only the Malibu the Trax saw an increase in deliveries, both in June and during the first six months of the year. And though Equinox figures show an impressive increase during the first half the year, that circumstance is the result of the vehicle having only gone on sale in June 2018, during which time it recorded all of its 385 deliveries. Hence, Equinox sales during the first half of 2018 totaled 385 units, all recorded in June, resulting in a notable jump in year-over-year sales volume.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Korea sales in June 2018, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- General MotorsÂ Q2 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Canada
- GM Q2 2019 sales China
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Mexico:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales Brazil:
- GM Q2Â 2019 sales South Korea: