Chevrolet Bolt EV sales increased 14 percent to 3,965 units in the second quarter of 2019, a welcome upward performance but one that still results in a very low sales volume for the small electric car. It’s worth noting that the complete federal electric vehicle tax credits ran out on April 1st, making EVs like the Bolt less attractive to the customer. So, in what is perhaps an effort to maintain this current upward trajectory, a new Chevrolet discount reduces the price of select Bolt EV by $5,500 in July 2019.
Nationwide Chevrolet discount offers on the 2019 Bolt EV for July 2019 are as follows:
- Cash offer: $3,000 customer cash + $2,500 purchase bonus cash = $5,500 total cash allowance
- Finance offer: $1,000 APR cash + 0 percent (interest-free) financing for 72 months with GM Financial
As such, the above Chevrolet discount offers on the Bolt EV are nearly identical to the incentives offered in May, though Chevy is no longer offering deals for 2018 model year Bolt EVs.
For reference, here are the applicable 2019 Bolt EV trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
2019 Bolt EV:
- LT – $37,495
- Premier – $41,895
The $5,500 Chevrolet discount as it applies to an in-stock 2019 Bolt EV Premier with an MSRP of $43,735 reduces the starting price of that model to just $38,735, making it almost as affordable as a regularly priced 2019 Bolt EV LT.
At the moment, it’s unclear whether these discounts are related to the reduction in the full federal EV tax credit that took place April 1st.
- Must take delivery by July 31st, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About ChevroletÂ Bolt EV
The ChevroletÂ Bolt EV is a battery-electric vehicle (BEV) from General Motorsâ€™ Chevrolet brand.Â Officially positioned as a crossover by Chevrolet, theÂ five-door subcompact hatchbackÂ offers over 200 miles of range on a full charge while also featuring advanced connectivity technologies designed to enhance and personalize the driving experience.
The Chevy Bolt EVÂ received a few minorÂ updates and changes forÂ the 2019 model year, which is itsÂ third model year of the first-generationÂ Bolt EVÂ in the United States market. In addition to three new colors, the Bolt EV also received the following:
- Addition of a new smartphone interface for vehicle entry, start and operationÂ exclusively forÂ fleetÂ orders only; late availability
- Addition ofÂ Tire Fill Alert
- Newfound availability ofÂ Driver Confidence II PackageÂ on LT model. Previously, the package was only available on the Premier trim level. The packageÂ includes:
The Bolt EV isÂ assembled at the following plants:
- Vehicle assembly:Â GM Lake Orion plantÂ in Orion Township, Michigan, USA operated byÂ GM USA
- Battery and motor drive unit: Incheon, South Korea
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Chevrolet Bolt EVÂ information
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results