Chevrolet Equinox sales increased 16 percent to 85,657 units during Q2 2019, setting a second-quarter sales record. The results are in line with current market trends that strongly favor SUVs and crossovers. And now, in what seems to be an effort to maintain appeal in a highly competitive segment, a new Chevrolet discount reduces the price of most 2019 Equinox models by as much as $5,180 during the month of July. It’s worth noting that this a less-lucrative offer for the Equinox crossover SUV that we’ve seen in recent months, including a 14 percent discount in June.
Nationwide Chevrolet discounts on the Equinox for July 2019 are as follows:
- 2019 Equinox excluding L models: $500 July 4th bonus cash (expires July 8th) + $1,000 customer cash + $2,000 purchase bonus cash + $1,000 select market bonus cash = $4,500 total cash allowance
- 2019 Equinox excluding L models: $250 APR cash + 0 percent APR for 60 months when financing with GM Financial
- 2019 Equinox LT models: $500 July 4th bonus cash (expires July 8th) + $1,000 customer cash + $2,000 purchase bonus cash = $3,500 total cash allowance
- 2019 Equinox LT: $5,180 below MSRP
It’s worth noting that the above Chevrolet discount offers are only available until July 8th. Additionally, this month’s Chevy incentives for the Equinox no longer apply to 2018 models. For reference, here are the applicable 2019 Chevrolet Equinox trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
- L – $24,995
- LS – $27,095
- LT – $28,395
- Premier – $32,295
The $5,180 Chevrolet discount as it applies to a 2019 Equinox LT model with an MSRP of $30,340 reduces the price to a more attainable $25,160. Meanwhile, the $4,500 discount reduces the starting price of the 2019 Equinox Premier to $27,795.
- Must take delivery by July 31st, 2019, unless otherwise specified.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About Chevrolet Equinox
The Chevrolet Equinox is a compact crossover. It slots above the Chevrolet Trax and below the Chevrolet Traverse. It will also be positioned below the rumored to be the future Chevrolet Blazer. The first-generation Equinox ran from the 2005-2009 model years and was based on the first-generation Theta platform. The second-generation Equinox was offered from the 2010-2017 model years and was based on the Theta 2 platform. Both the first- and second-generation models were "tweeners", in that they straddled the compact and midsize CUV segments in size. The third-generation model was introduced for the 2018 model year. It rides on the GM D2 platform shared with the second-generation GMC Terrain, Chevrolet Cruze, and Chevrolet Volt and, unlike its two predecessors, is positioned squarely in the compact segment.
The third-generation, 2018 and newer Equinox features an all-new exterior and interior, while being slightly smaller inside and out compared to the outgoing model. It also offers an all-new engine lineup and an all-new lightweight architecture that enables a weight savings of over 400 pounds compared to the second-gen model. As a result, the new Equinox gets better fuel economy while also delivering improvements in ride, handling, packaging, and safety.
The Equinox is assembled at the following GM plants:
- GM CAMI plant in Ontario, Canada operated by GM Canada
- GM Ramos plant in Ramos Arizpe, Coahuila, Mexico operated by GM Mexico
- Wuhan II plant in Hubei, China operated by Shanghai-GM
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Chevrolet Equinox information
- Running GM sales results