Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 19 percent to 79 units in June 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 66.67 percent to 1 units
- Cadillac CTS sales were flat at 1 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 56.52 percent to 20 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales totaled 45 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 74.47 percent to 12 units
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 nor the XTS in Mexico
In the first six months of 2019, Cadillac Mexico sales increased 4 percent to 551 units.
Sales Results - June 2019 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||JUN 2019 / JUN 2018||JUNE 2019||JUNE 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Cadillac Mexico sales decreased again in June, experiencing the second consecutive double-digit fall so far in 2019. However, sales volume during the first half of the year increased over the same period last year.
Although the 2019 Cadillac XT4 is a new addition to the brand’s portfolio, the compact crossover failed to avoid the trajectory of Cadillac Mexico sales during June. It should be noted that the XT4 is only offered in Mexico in the Premium Luxury trim level and not in the Luxury (base) or Sport trims. The circumstance limits its competitiveness and commercial reach.
The poor performance of Cadillac sales in Mexico during the last few months is due to the fact that 80 percent of the brand’s vehicles in the country have been discontinued (ATS and CTS) or have been in the market for several years (Escalade and XT5) and are therefore in need of a redesign (Escalade) or a refresh (XT5). Cadillac Mexico sales should improve later this year, with the arrival of the all-new Cadillac XT6 and the refreshed 2020 XT5.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico June 2018 sales, except when noted