Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 23 percent to 13,118 units in the second quarter of 2019. Sales of the XT5 have been declining throughout the first half of 2019, a rather worrisome chain of events given that crossovers in the model’s segment are exhibiting growth in sales volumes. So, in what could be an effort to combat slumping sales or prevent current customers from switching to competing vehicles, a new Cadillac discount takes $2,000 off all models of the 2019 XT5 crossover in July 2019. Disgruntled loyal owners will be pleased to hear that this offer is only available to current Cadillac owners.
The Cadillac discount offers on the XT5 for July 2019 are as follows:
- Retail offer: $1,000 cash for everyone
- Finance offer: $1,000 APR cash + 0 percent APR financing (interest-free) for 72 months when banking through Ally, US Bank, or GM Financial. This offer is not available with some other offers.
- Cash offer (for current Cadillac owners & lessees): $2,000 cash
- To qualify, buyer must show proof of current Cadillac ownership or lease through Ally, US Bank, or GM Financial. This offer is not available with some other offers.
It is currently unclear whether or not the $1,000 and $2,000 Cadillac discount offers can be combined, though we would not count on it.
For reference, here are the 2019 XT5 trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
- Standard – $42,690
- Luxury – $49,490
- Premium Luxury – $55,190
- Platinum – $66,890
Applied to a 2019 XT5 Platinum model with a starting MSRP of $66,890, the $2,000 discount reduces the starting price to a slightly more modest $64,890. Meanwhile, the $1,000 discount reduces the starting price of the Standard (base) model to $41,690.
It’s worth noting that Cadillac’s cross-town rival, Lincoln Motor Company, has boosted its incentive offers for its XT5 fighter – the Lincoln Nautilus, and is offering a similar deal that includes a $1,000 discount and interest-free financing. Hence, it looks like it’s a great time to be in the market for a mid-sized luxury crossover.
- Must take delivery by July 31st, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
AboutÂ CadillacÂ XT5
The Cadillac XT5Â is a premium luxury crossover that replaced the Cadillac SRX in the Cadillac range. The XT5 slots between the compactÂ Cadillac XT4Â and upcomingÂ three-rowÂ Cadillac XT6 in theÂ Cadillac lineup.
Currently in its firstÂ generation, the XT5Â was introduced for the 2017 model year. The vehicle isÂ based on the regular-length wheelbaseÂ variant of theÂ GM C1 platformÂ shared with the second-generationÂ GMC AcadiaÂ and upcoming,Â future Chevrolet Blazer. A longer-wheelbase variant of the same platform underpins the second-genÂ Chevrolet TraverseÂ andÂ Buick Enclave.
For the 2019 model year, the XT5 deletes four existing exterior colors to make room for fourÂ newÂ ones, while makingÂ a coupleÂ package-level changes: the Driver Awareness PackageÂ becomes standard on the Luxury modelÂ while the Driver Assist Package becomes standard on the Platinum model.Â Two sets of 20-inch wheels become available. In addition, the 2019 XT5Â receives a new, second-generation wireless smartphone charging system that is higherÂ power is now compatible with Apple iPhones. Finally, ProvenceÂ leather replaces micro-suede on the mid-panel of the instrument panel.
The 2020 model year will deliver a mid cycle update that includes revised trim level structure (adopting the Cadillac Y trim level strategy),Â slight revisions to the exterior design, a few small updates to the interior, and the introduction of a 9-speed automatic transmission in place of the 8-speed unit on the 2017-2019 models.
TheÂ XT5 is producedÂ across the following GM plants globally:
- GM Spring Hill factoryÂ in Tennessee operated byÂ GM USAÂ supplying North America,Â Middle East,Â Europe, and Russia
- Cadillac China Jinqiao factoryÂ operated byÂ Shanghai-GMÂ supplyingÂ China
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Cadillac XT5Â information
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results