Chevrolet Brazil Sales Increase 27 Percent To 41,142 Units In May 20192
Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 27 percent to 41,142 units in May 2019. The figures enable GM to continue as Brazil’s best-selling automaker and Chevrolet to continue as the country’s best-selling automobile brand.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales totaled 1 unit; the small EV recently on sale in Brazil
- Chevrolet Camaro sales totaled 18 units
- Chevrolet Cobalt sales decreased 43.32 percent to 895 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 13.37 percent to 1,833 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 9.38 percent to 396 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales increased 31.88 percent to 1,270 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales increased 48.38 percent to 22,279 units
- Chevrolet Prisma sales increased 49.52 percent to 7,509 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales decreased 0.76 percent to 2,997 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales increased 57.95 percent to 2,701 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 53.45 percent to 1,031 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales increased 2.54 percent to 202 units
During the first five months of the 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 17 percent to 185,535 units.
Sales Results - May 2019 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||MAY 2019 / MAY 2018||MAY 2019||MAY 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for May 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
We are currently looking for experienced automotive journalists and editors to join our team. Make $60k-$80k per year doing what you love. We are also looking for an experienced web developer. See details here.
if chevrolet sold the cars they sell in the usa would not have competition. Brazilians love American GM cars
Well, it’s a bit more than that. US makes in the home market push trucks/SUV but leaves “city slickers” cold.
Was in NYC recently sads me that America’s #1 city have a bunch of Asian and Euro junk on the roads. The only pickups I saw in Manhattan had “NYC” followed by “transit”, “police” and others. I did see a handful of US cars.
The overall point is US makes need an overall push in it’s home market cities.