A few days ago, we exclusively reported that the all-new 2020 Blazer will offer a switch to disable the much-maligned automatic engine start/stop feature, providing an easy way for owners to turn off the fuel-saving annoyance. Now, we’re dropping yet another exclusive on the new Blazer: according to information obtained by GM Authority, the 2020 Blazer will also introduce a new Redline Edition package to give the mid-size crossover some additional design flair right out of the box.
As in the past, the Redline Package will be an aesthetics upgrade that adds extra visual pizzaz to the exterior. The package will be available on 2020 Blazer models dressed in the mid-range 2LT and 3LT trim levels.
Redline Package contents for the 2020 Blazer include:
- 20-inch aluminum wheels finished in Gloss Black with red trim accents
- A black Blazer badge with a red outline and a black AWD badge with red outline on models so equipped
- Black grille treatment
- Black header bar
- Black window surrounds
- Black side-view mirror caps and mirror stalks
- Black door handles
- Black front and rear Bow Tie badging
- Redline decals
The 2020 Blazer Redline package comes with a few unique considerations, as follows:
- Replaces Black Grille Package
- Replaces standalone black Bow Tie emblem package
- Requires Jet Black interior
- Requires one of three exterior colors:
- Silver Ice Metallic
- Summit White
- Requires Convenience and Driver Confidence Package (only applicable on 2LT models)
The Redline Edition package will be available on the 2020 Blazer for the interim 2020 model year, meaning that it won’t be available at launch.
It’s worth noting that the new Redline Edition for the 2020 Blazer falls in line with previous Chevrolet Redline Edition packages, such as the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze Redline Edition, 2018 Chevrolet Malibu Redline Edition, and 2018 Chevrolet Trax Redline Edition. We think the 2020 Blazer already looks pretty damn aggressive, but this new package is sure to crank that all the way to 11.
We currently don’t have any photos of the 2020 Blazer with the Redline edition, but we will show them to you as soon as we get them. In the meantime, subscribe to GM Authority for more Chevy Blazer news, Chevrolet news, and 24/7 GM news coverage.