Chevrolet Rebate Cuts Express Van Pricing By $3,500 In May 20193
Chevrolet Express sales decreased 13 percent to 17,215 units in the first quarter of 2019, a notable downturn from the 47 percent growth experienced during the fourth quarter of 2018. So, in what could be a way to retain incentive parity with rivals, particularly those offering more modern product in the highly-competitive full-size commercial van segment, a new Chevrolet rebate reduces the price of both Express Cargo and Passenger models by over $3,500 in May 2019.
Nationwide Chevrolet rebate offers on the Express for May 2019 are as follows:
- 2019 Express Passenger: $3,500 customer cash
- 2019 Express Cargo: $3,500 customer cash
- 2018 Express Passenger: $3,500 customer cash
- 2018 Express Cargo: $3,500 customer cash
- 2018 Express Passenger: $1,000 cash + 0 percent APR for 72 months when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Express Cargo: $1,000 cash + 0 percent APR for 72 months when financing with GM Financial
It’s worth clarifying that the $3,500 Chevrolet rebate is applicable to all 2018 and 2019 Express models, including Passenger and Cargo models, in both 2500 and 3500 forms. However, the special financing offer is only available for 2018 models. However, the offers are not stackable, and therefore can not be combined.
For reference, here are the 2018 and 2019 Express trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
- LS – $36,095
- LT – $36,095
- WT – $33,095
- LS – $34,710
- LT – $34,710
- WT – $32,490
The $3,500 Chevrolet discount as it applies to a 2019 Express Passenger LT model with an MSRP of $36,095 reduces the starting price of said model to just $32,595, which is almost as affordable as a regularly-priced 2018 Express Cargo WT model. Meanwhile, the $3,500 Chevrolet discount reduces the starting price of the 2018 Express to $28,990.
- Must take delivery by May 31st, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About ChevroletÂ Express
The Chevrolet ExpressÂ is a line ofÂ full-size vans offered in cargo, passenger, and cutaway configurations. It slots aboveÂ theÂ Chevrolet City ExpressÂ compact van, whichÂ was sourced from Nissan butÂ has been discontinuedÂ after the 2018 model year.
The first-generation ExpressÂ ran from the 1996-2002 model years and was based on theÂ GMT 600 platform. In 2003, an updated model was launched on what is known as theÂ GMT 610 platform. ThisÂ updated model remainsÂ on sale today, albeit the range has undergone a few updates to powertrain and minor styling changes. TheÂ Express also has a GMC-badged twin - theÂ GMC Savana.
It is currently unclear whether or whenÂ General Motors willÂ overhaul theÂ Express, which is showing its age. TheÂ 2019 model year will represent its 17thÂ year on the market.
Sold primarily to fleet customers, the Chevrolet ExpressÂ is built primarily at theÂ GM Wentzville factoryÂ in MissouriÂ operated byÂ GM USA. In early 2017,Â Navistar began contract assemblyÂ ofÂ the Express cutawayÂ in its factory in Springfield, Ohio, as part of GM's plan to boostÂ the model's production and supply.
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Chevy ExpressÂ information
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results
- RunningÂ Chevrolet salesÂ results
- RunningÂ Chevrolet Express salesÂ numbers
- RunningÂ Chevrolet salesÂ results
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
Family just got a 2019, love the truck!
Not exactly accurate, most dealers don’t have any inventory. Van inventory has been scarce for the past year.