Chevrolet Malibu sales were flat in the first quarter of 2019, fairly good results given the ongoing change in consumer purchase dynamics toward crossovers, SUVs, and trucks. The bump in sales volume is most likely the result of rather high incentives. Now, in an effort to keep sales volumes on or above their current levels, a new Chevrolet discount reduces the price of select Malibu models by 19 percent during the month of April. In some cases, that figure equates to nearly $6,500 off the midsize sedan.
Nationwide Chevrolet discounts on the Malibu are as follows:
- 2019 Malibu – 19% discount: 19 percent below MSRP (for current competitive owners) on most models when financing with GM Financial
- Example offer: $5,453 purchase cash + 1,044 price reduction below MSRP = $6,497 total discount
- 2019 Malibu $2,500 discount: $750 cash allowance + $1,750 customer cash = $2,500 total cash allowance when financing with GM Financial; this offer does not extended to L models
- 2019 Malibu finance offer: 0 percent APR for 72 months (interest-free) when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Malibu – 18% discount: 18 percent below MSRP on most models when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Malibu $2,500 discount: $2,500 customer cash when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Malibu $500 discount and finance offer: $500 APR cash + 0 percent APR for 72 months (interest-free) when financing with GM Financial; this offer does not extend to L models
It’s also worth noting that the 18 percent below MSRP and the $2,500 discount on 2018 Malibu models is likely intended to clear out remaining inventory of pre-facelift, 2018 models.
For reference, here are the starting MSRPs for the 2018 Malibu and 2019 Malibu:
- L – $22,555
- LS – $24,195
- LT – $26,095
- Hybrid – $28,795
- Premier – $31,895
- L – $22,965
- LS – $24,095
- RS – $25,095
- LT – $27,495
- Hybrid – $29,095
- Premier – $32,695
What’s more, the 19 percent incentive for the 2019 Malibu only applies to owners of competitive vehicles. As such, it’s clearly a strategic approach by Chevrolet to gain conquest sales.
- Must take delivery by April 30, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About ChevroletÂ Malibu
The ChevroletÂ Malibu is a mid-size sedan sold in most markets where Chevrolet has a business presence. It is currently Chevrolet'sÂ second-largest sedan,Â inÂ the U.S. and Canada, slotting above the subcompactÂ Chevrolet SonicÂ and compactÂ Chevrolet CruzeÂ but under the full-sizeÂ Chevrolet Impala.
For 2019 - the fourth model year of the ninth-gen modelÂ - the Malibu received a midcycleÂ enhancement, otherwise known as a facelift or refresh,Â that consists of revised exterior styling,Â a newÂ Malibu RSÂ trim level,Â aÂ CVT transmissionÂ for L, LS, LT and RS models, a new infotainmentÂ system, a new 8-inch reconfigurable driverÂ information center (DIC), LED headlamps on the Premier model, and variousÂ other new features.
The ChevroletÂ Malibu is producedÂ at the following GM plants:
- GM Fairfax plantÂ in Kansas City, Kansas, USA supplying the Americas
- GM Bupyeong plantÂ in South Korea supplying Eurasia
- Shanghai GMÂ Jinqiao North in China (GM China) supplying China
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results
- Chevrolet MalibuÂ information