Chevrolet Camaro sales continue in free-fall, declining nearly 22 percent to 11,135 units in the fourth quarter of 2018, much faster than the average 14 percent segment contraction during the same time frame. This means Camaro sales volume trailed that of its primary competitors – the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger – by a somewhat significant margin during Q4 2018 and during the complete 2018 calendar year.
Now, in what could be an effort to combat this position while also moving the last of the 2018 models, a new Camaro discount reduces the price of most 2018 models by 15 percent.
Certain Camaro discounts in March 2019 seem to be limited to select markets. For example, we saw the $2,000 total cash allowance offer for 2018 Camaro models available in Miami, Los Angeles, and Detroit, while markets in Pennsylvania and Kentucky do not list the same Camaro discount. Either way, Camaro discounts applicable to some markets are as follows:
- 2018 Camaro: 15 percent below MSRP on most 2018 models.
- The small print on this offer reads as follows: offer includes price reduction below MSRP and cash allowance. Not available with special financing, lease and some other offers. Take new retail delivery by 4/1/19. See participating dealer for details.
- 2018 Camaro Coupe: $1,000 customer cash + $1,000 select market cash = $2,000 total cash allowance on any 2018 model
- 2018 Camaro Coupe or Convertible: $1,000 APR cash + 0 percent APR (interest-free) for 72 months
- 2018 Camaro Convertible: $1,000 customer cash
- 2019 Camaro Coupe: $500 customer cash + $1,000 select market bonus cash = $1,500 total cash allowance
- 2019 Camaro Convertible: $500 customer cash
For reference, here are the applicable 2018 and 2019 Camaro trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
- 1LS – $26,900
- 1LT – $27,695
- 2LT – $31,495
- 1SS – $37,995
- 2SS – $42,995
- ZL1 – $62,495
- LS – $25,995
- 1LT – $26,495
- 2LT – $28,495
- 3LT – $31,995
- 1SS – $37,595
- 2SS – $42,995
- 1SE – $62,995
Unlike in months past, the Camaro discount in March applies to the entire gamut of Camaro models, and does not exclude the range-topping ZL1.
The $2,000 Chevrolet Camaro discount as it applies to an in-stock 2018 Camaro 2SS model with a base MSRP of $42,995 reduces the starting price of that model to $40,995. Meanwhile, the $1,500 Chevrolet discount brings the starting price of the 2019 Camaro ZL1 to $61,495. Applying the 15 percent discount to a base 2018 Camaro ZL1 slashes the starting MSRP to $53,045.
- Must take delivery by April 1, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About Chevrolet Camaro
The ChevroletÂ Camaro is a family ofÂ sports cars that includes a two-door coupe and two-door soft-top convertible as well as various performance variants such as SS, 1LE, ZL1 and ZL1 1LE. The legendaryÂ nameplate was firstÂ introducedÂ in 1966 and went outÂ of production in 2002, when the model was in itsÂ fourth generation. TheÂ Camaro was re-introduced in 2009Â as an all-new fifth-generation model based on theÂ GM Zeta platform.
TheÂ Camaro is currently Chevrolet'sÂ most affordable sports car,Â slottingÂ below theÂ Chevrolet Corvette.Â The current model was introduced for theÂ 2016 model year and represents theÂ sixth generation of theÂ Camaro nameplate. The model rides on theÂ GM Alpha platformÂ shared with theÂ Cadillac ATSÂ andÂ Cadillac CTS, though the majority ofÂ the architecture underpinning the CamaroÂ are unique to it.
The 2018Â ChevyÂ Camaro represents theÂ third model year of the sixth-genÂ Camaro thatÂ deletedÂ the Camaro 50th Anniversary Edition and the Krypton Green exterior color, while adding the ZL1 1LE Extreme Track Performance Package. There's alsoÂ an expanded availability of the SS 1LE Track Performance Package, which is nowÂ available on the 2SS Coupe,Â as well as the addition ofÂ a washer fluid level sensor.
A midcycle refreshÂ arrives for the 2019 model year that introduces new, model-specificÂ front and rear styling, a new trim level structure for LT models that adds a new 3LT trim, and a new 1LE track performance package for the 2.0L Turbo LTG engine. The 2019 Camaro also brings the new GM 10-speed automatic transmission for SS models, the Rear Camera Mirror,Â third-generation infotainment systems,Â and various other enhancements.
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results
- Chevy CamaroÂ information