Chevrolet Malibu sales decreased 17 percent in the fourth quarter of 2018, falling faster than the 12 percent segment average. That means that the ongoing drop in Malibu sales can not be totally blamed in the ongoing change in consumer purchase dynamics towards crossovers, SUVs and trucks. So, in what could possibly be an effort to boost sales of the midsize sedan in light, a new Chevrolet discount reduces the price of the Malibu by over 21 percent during the month of March that – in some cases – equates to over $7,000.
Nationwide Chevrolet discounts on the Malibu are as follows:
- 2019 Malibu: 21 percent below MSRP (for current competitive owners) on most models when financing with GM Financial
- Example offer: $6,136 purchase cash + 1,044 price reduction below MSRP = $7,180 total discount
- 2019 Malibu excluding L models: $750 cash allowance + $1,500 customer cash = $2,250 total cash allowance when financing with GM Financial
- 2019 Malibu: $500 APR cash + 0 percent APR for 72 months (interest-free) when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Malibu: 20 percent below MSRP on most models when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Malibu excluding L models: $750 cash allowance + $2,500 customer cash = $3,250 total cash allowance when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Malibu excluding L models: $1,000 APR cash + 0 percent APR for 72 months (interest-free) when financing with GM Financial
Notably, the 21 percent Chevrolet discount is restricted to current competitive owners.
It’s worth noting that the 20 percent below MSRP and the $3,250 discount on 2018 Malibu models is likely intended to clear out remaining inventory of pre-facelift, 2018 models.
For reference, here are the starting MSRPs for the 2018 Malibu and 2019 Malibu:
- L – $22,555
- LS – $24,195
- LT – $26,095
- Hybrid – $28,795
- Premier – $31,895
- L – $22,965
- LS – $24,095
- RS – $25,095
- LT – $27,495
- Hybrid – $29,095
- Premier – $32,695
- Must take delivery by April 1, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About ChevroletÂ Malibu
The ChevroletÂ Malibu is a mid-size sedan sold in most markets where Chevrolet has a business presence. It is currently Chevrolet'sÂ second-largest sedan,Â inÂ the U.S. and Canada, slotting above the subcompactÂ Chevrolet SonicÂ and compactÂ Chevrolet CruzeÂ but under the full-sizeÂ Chevrolet Impala.
For 2019 - the fourth model year of the ninth-gen modelÂ - the Malibu received a midcycleÂ enhancement, otherwise known as a facelift or refresh,Â that consists of revised exterior styling,Â a newÂ Malibu RSÂ trim level,Â aÂ CVT transmissionÂ for L, LS, LT and RS models, a new infotainmentÂ system, a new 8-inch reconfigurable driverÂ information center (DIC), LED headlamps on the Premier model, and variousÂ other new features.
The ChevroletÂ Malibu is producedÂ at the following GM plants:
- GM Fairfax plantÂ in Kansas City, Kansas, USA supplying the Americas
- GM Bupyeong plantÂ in South Korea supplying Eurasia
- Shanghai GMÂ Jinqiao North in China (GM China) supplying China
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results
- Chevrolet MalibuÂ information