Chevrolet Equinox sales increased 26 percent to 98,239 units in the fourth quarter of 2018, results in line with current market trends that strongly favor SUVs and crossovers. And now, in an effort to gain conquest sales, a new Chevrolet discount reduces the price of most 2019 Equinox models by 21 percent for owners of competitive vehicles, which is as much as $8,390 in some cases.
Nationwide Chevrolet discounts on the Equinox for March 2019 are as follows:
- 2018 Equinox excluding L models: $1,000 cash allowance + $1,000 customer cash = $2,000 total cash allowance when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Equinox excluding L models: $1,000 APR cash + 0 percent APR for 72 months when financing with GM Financial
- 2019 Equinox excluding L models: $500 APR cash + 0 percent APR for 72 months when financing with GM Financial
- 2019 Equinox excluding L models: $1,000 cash allowance + $750 customer cash = $1,750 total cash allowance when financing with GM Financial
- 2019 Equinox: 21 percent below MSRP for current competitive owners when financing with GM Financial
- What is meant by “current competitive owners” is currently unclear, but we imagine that it applies to owners of models competing with the Equinox (or generally non-GM products)
For reference, here are the applicable 2018 and 2019 Equinox trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
- L – $24,995
- LS – $27,095
- LT – $28,395
- Premier – $32,295
- L – $24,575
- LS – $26,595
- LT – $27,795
- Premier – $31,795
Chevy gives the following example of the 21 percent discount as it applies to a 2019 Equinox Premier model with an MSRP of $39,955, which brings the price way down to $31,565. Meanwhile, the $2,000 discount brings the starting price of the 2018 Equinox LS to $24,595.
- Must take delivery by April 1, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About ChevroletÂ Equinox
The Chevrolet EquinoxÂ is a compactÂ crossover. It slots aboveÂ theÂ ChevroletÂ TraxÂ and below theÂ Chevrolet Traverse. It will also be positioned belowÂ the rumored to beÂ theÂ future Chevrolet Blazer. The first-generation Equinox ran from theÂ 2005-2009 model years and was based on the first-generationÂ Theta platform.Â TheÂ second-generation EquinoxÂ was offeredÂ from the 2010-2017Â model years and was based on the Theta 2 platform. Both the first- and second-generation models were "tweeners", in that they straddled the compact and midsize CUV segments in size. TheÂ third-generation model was introduced for the 2018 model year. It rides on theÂ GM D2Â platformÂ shared with the second-generationÂ GMC Terrain,Â Chevrolet Cruze, andÂ Chevrolet VoltÂ and, unlike its two predecessors, isÂ positionedÂ squarely in the compact segment.
The third-generation, 2018 and newerÂ EquinoxÂ featuresÂ an all-new exterior andÂ interior, while beingÂ slightly smallerÂ insideÂ andÂ outÂ compared toÂ the outgoingÂ model. It also offersÂ an all-new engineÂ lineup andÂ an all-new lightweight architectureÂ that enables a weight savings of overÂ 400 pounds compared to the second-gen model. As a result, theÂ new EquinoxÂ gets better fuel economy while also delivering improvements in ride, handling, packaging, and safety.
TheÂ EquinoxÂ is assembled at the following GM plants:
- GM CAMI plantÂ in Ontario, Canada operated byÂ GM Canada
- GM Ramos plantÂ in Ramos Arizpe,Â Coahuila, Mexico operated byÂ GM Mexico
- Wuhan II plant in Hubei, China operated byÂ Shanghai-GM
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- ChevroletÂ EquinoxÂ information
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results