Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 15 percent to 6,393 units in the fourth quarter of 2018. That performance means that the Escalade significantly underperformed its segment, rather disappointing news considering current market trends that strongly favor crossovers, SUVs and pickups. So in what could be a way to boost sales volume in the highly-competitive and highly-lucrative full-size luxury SUV segment, a new Cadillac discount reduces the price of select 2019 Escalade models by as much as $5,000.
Nationwide Cadillac discounts on the Escalade and Escalade ESV for March 2019 are as follows:
- 2019 Escalade purchase incentive: $3,000 toward the purchase of a new model when financing through GM Financial
- 2019 Escalade purchase incentive: $5,000 purchase allowance towards a new model
- 2019 Escalade lease incentive: $2,000 toward the lease of a new model
For reference, here are the 2019 Escalade and Escalade ESV trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
2019 Cadillac Escalade:
- Standard – $76,490
- Luxury – $82,090
- Premium Luxury – $86,490
- Platinum – $95,590
2019 Cadillac Escalade ESV:
- Standard – $79,490
- Luxury – $85,090
- Premium Luxury – $89,490
- Platinum – $98,590
Applied to a 2019 Escalade Premium Luxury model with a starting MSRP of $86,490, the $5,000 Cadillac discount brings the starting price of the luxury SUV to just $81,490, making it more affordable than a Luxury model of the same model year.
The GM Authority Take
The headline-making $5,000 Escalade discount is likely a strategic tactic to fend off new rivals – including the well-received, all-new Lincoln Navigator – prior to the arrival of the future Cadillac Escalade, which is expected for the 2020 model year. See more on the 2020 Escalade.
- Must take delivery by April 1, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.