The starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV has risen by a mere $115 when compared to the 2018 model.
According to a pricing analysis performed by GM Authority, the starting MSRP of the 2019 Bolt EV in the base LT trim remained $37,495 – identical to that of the 2018 model. Meanwhile, the base price of the Bolt EV in the up-level Premier trim grew by just $115 to $41,895.
|Trim Level||2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV||2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV||+ / – 2019|
|LT (FWD)||$37,495||$37,495||No Change|
We believe that the Bolt EV price went as little as it did for the 2019 model year as a result of pricing pressures imposed by new and/or upcoming rivals, such as the Nissan Leaf and Hyundai Kona. In addition, Bolt EV sales have shown that most potential Bolt EV buyers are unwilling to pay much more for the vehicle than Chevrolet is already charging.
Finally, the discontinuation of federal tax subsidies for buyers of electric cars will make vehicles like the Bolt EV even less attractive. In fact, some electric car makers like Tesla have lowered the prices of their vehicles to account for the loss of the tax credit.
As such, we don’t expect Bolt EV prices to change much going forward.
About The Figures
- Pricing figures represent starting Manufacturer Suggested Retail Prices (MSPR) for each trim level without additional options.
- MSRP obtained from Chevrolet for the United States market.
- MSRP does not include $875 destination charge per vehicle.
- Manufacturer incentives, rebates or other offers not included in MSRP.
About ChevroletÂ Bolt EV
The ChevroletÂ Bolt EV is a battery-electric vehicle (BEV) from General Motorsâ€™ Chevrolet brand.Â Officially positioned as a crossover by Chevrolet, theÂ five-door subcompact hatchbackÂ offers over 200 miles of range on a full charge while also featuring advanced connectivity technologies designed to enhance and personalize the driving experience.
The Chevy Bolt EVÂ received a few minorÂ updates and changes forÂ the 2019 model year, which is itsÂ third model year of the first-generationÂ Bolt EVÂ in the United States market. In addition to three new colors, the Bolt EV also received the following:
- Addition of a new smartphone interface for vehicle entry, start and operationÂ exclusively forÂ fleetÂ orders only; late availability
- Addition ofÂ Tire Fill Alert
- Newfound availability ofÂ Driver Confidence II PackageÂ on LT model. Previously, the package was only available on the Premier trim level. The packageÂ includes:
The Bolt EV isÂ assembled at the following plants:
- Vehicle assembly:Â GM Lake Orion plantÂ in Orion Township, Michigan, USA operated byÂ GM USA
- Battery and motor drive unit: Incheon, South Korea
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Chevrolet Bolt EVÂ information
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results